World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had Lunch and thought I'm off down Chale as the forecast was good for the afternoon.
Got down there safe, two rods out, gets a couple of good ray knocks: first Painted comes in at about 6lb 8ozs, nothing for a while then me big rod goes ape, cause I am no where near it when it happens but the lines on the beach when I get there, so a quick run up the beach to make contact and a small bass comes in at about 19 inches.

Quite for a while then I get another ray bite, knocking away but doesn't take line, so I give it a minute and strike into it, its on, no, its off, oh well.

Last cast of the day, sees both rods banging in the rest, not sure which one had the bite but leave them alone, nothing else happens so start to bring one rod in to pack it up and its heavy, bugger me a nice Turbot of about 3lb.

So a good short session and turbot for tea tomorrow, pics below -
Cheerzz
Lighty

and got the beach to myself again

·
Registered
123 Posts
Another good catch report lighty, nice to see a Turbot of a decent weight being caught, have only managed the tiny ones down there myself. Well done mate.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Well done mate! Nice to see the Turbot are about. Starting to become regular down there. You catch them on sandeel? May be worth casting out a mackerel strip and see if we can tempt a few them! Looks like you were fishing low tide too?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Another good catch report lighty, nice to see a Turbot of a decent weight being caught, have only managed the tiny ones down there myself. Well done mate.

:thumbs:
Me too, only small ones. Great report again mate, shows how the effort can result in awesome reports.:) :)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers lads, yes, was fishing Sandeel and fished the top down, rays are coming in at a distance, 80 + and turbot in very close

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lets hope there are still a few rays left in the sea after the blood bath that was the Ventnor all night open

:thumbdown

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah
got to agree with craz-e re the Ventnor Open,over 50 Rays taken back to the weigh in frm what I heard,it seems to be a well organised comp,can we have a couple of Marshalls down Chale and practice catch,weigh and release next time please,I dont fish comps anymore and would be only to happy to volunteer

·
Registered
603 Posts
Lets hope there are still a few rays left in the sea after the blood bath that was the Ventnor all night open

:thumbdown
That's appaling. A couple of marshals down there could have avoided all that.
I hope the same didn't happen to any smoothies caught too...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yeah
got to agree with craz-e re the Ventnor Open,over 50 Rays taken back to the weigh in frm what I heard,it seems to be a well organised comp,can we have a couple of Marshalls down Chale and practice catch,weigh and release next time please,I dont fish comps anymore and would be only to happy to volunteer
there was not 50 rays weighed in my mate was doing the weigh in and he said there was 25 at the most

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice going lighty, be nice if we could continue to enjoy this kind of sport in years to come but I doubt it!

Its still 25 less rays for the future! these comps have got it all wrong, how many of those rays(and other species) ended up in the bin all for the sake of glory hunting.
Even with marshals I have heard of some stretching smoothounds to gain extra cm's when they are going by lenght not weight, how pathetic..........
And yes steve the smuts would be bashed as were the eels and these are the people who moan about over fishing and how the stocks are reducing rapidly.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts