World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lawrance,Chris and I fished the Waterfall end of Chale bay , cloudy morning but bathed in Sunshine all afternoon.
We fished till about 7:30pm with eight rods between us, six baited and cast out, and two spinning with Dexter's.
Between us we used Squid,Rag,Mackeral and Peelers from Devon.

Starting with me, I did not have one bite all day!
Chris had a couple of small Wrasse, Lawrance had a PB Wrasse of 1lb 10 ounces
and another small one, and that was that.

A beautiful day but for me the fishing was Pants! It was so quite that I spent a few minutes teaching Lawrance how to Pendulum cast. He is now casting about 130 yds so has effectively doubled his fishing range (so watch out those Smuts!)
Well done to Lawrance and below is some pics of the our day but only small res from my phone.

cheerzz
lighty

·
Registered
489 Posts
looks like you had a good day though mate, nice fish too never caught a wrasse bigger than me reel!!!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Nicely done! Gotta love them wrasse, look like the should be on the Barrier Reef of somewhere exotic don't they?

Aye, Waterfalls it is, don't go down there on your own, in the dark, in winter though, there be dragons and ghosts!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Aye, Waterfalls it is, don't go down there on your own, in the dark, in winter though, there be dragons and ghosts!

I go down there on my own in the dark, in winter but have never seen any dragons and ghosts. Loads of fish on occasions especially whiting about 2 years ago, over 25lbs in one trip. :)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I go down there on my own in the dark, in winter but have never seen any dragons and ghosts. Loads of fish on occasions especially whiting about 2 years ago, over 25lbs in one trip. :)
Nice going that! Lovely fish to eat!:)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Me too, went down there on the coldest night of the year, with squid that I'd forgotten to defrost. I think I lasted about and hour before my fingers stopped working...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got though 10 Mackerel that night as that was all they were feeding on.
Could have left the other baits at home as they weren't being touched.
Good night never the less. :fishing:

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
hi guys where is chale bay?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers for the reply's lads, never seen our heard a ghost neither but when I did go down the back at night on my own in the winter it was strange being the only person on about four miles of bitch black beach but then I did have a couple of very sharp things with me (just in case)
What worried me down there more than Ghosts (lol) was perhaps a dog had got washed off a passing boat and had made the beach and if you have ever seen anyone with Rabies then that is Frightening!.
ps re nethound glad to see someone caught that night down at chale
pps see chris cade re - the ghosts he knows about them??

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The biggest one tipped the scales at 2lbs 8ozs, but generally the rest were about the 1lb mark.
Thats a nice biggun! The only one i caught was in august at totland!!!! VERY small though.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Cheers for the reply's lads, never seen our heard a ghost neither but when I did go down the back at night on my own in the winter it was strange being the only person on about four miles of bitch black beach but then I did have a couple of very sharp things with me (just in case)
What worried me down there more than Ghosts (lol) was perhaps a dog had got washed off a passing boat and had made the beach and if you have ever seen anyone with Rabies then that is Frightening!.
ps re nethound glad to see someone caught that night down at chale
pps see chris cade re - the ghosts he knows about them??
I have read a few stories in the `ghosts of the IOW books`about anglers experiences down there.
I dont believe in ghosts but they scare the hell out of me !

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wasn't there an article in Sea angler about the ghosts of the back and wasn't it rog lawrence and cc that heard ghostly footprints crunching on the shale coming towards them and NO ONE THERE! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My beloved and I have fished down the Caves end of Chale and on more than one occasion on a still night we have heard footsteps crunching up the beach and there has been nothing to be seen in our petzyl beams,certainly romper filling at the time - Chris Cade used to fish in our club(MSBFC)and came back to a weigh in one night absolutely terrified,as memory serves I think he just left all his gear on the beach and fled apparently not only did he get the footsteps but had a ghostly hand on his shoulder to boot!!!Dont think he has ever fished alone down there since

·
Registered
124 Posts
I thought it was further towards Blackgang, but it could have been somebody else. Never the less their are plenty of stories about ghost along that stretch of coast, I've even heard of one person claiming to see a ship. No doubt smugglers from years ago.
Chris Cade is still a member of MSBFC even though he's not weighed in any fish this year.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts