World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to chalkwell today,thought it would make a change from the kent coast..
anyway as soon as i was casting in those pesky schoolies were buzzin my bait, i was getting shed loads of good bites but loosing em, i was on a 2 hook flapper with size 2 hooks so i dug out my flattie rigs and then i was bringing em in by the dozen [figure of speach] 7 all total but 'my koi carp were bigger than these little buggers'
Also it was the first time on braid,now I'M hooked..lol

I brought home 6 oysters with me , do i cook em or eat em raw.....

·
Registered
181 Posts
MOst people eat them raw.
Did you enjoy the new sand/single they have put down at the Middle and west part of the beach.
Well at least you got some bites.
Try the very first of the flood there, it can often produce better, including fishing of the wooden out fall there.
:) :)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Not bad going, Should of had a Dab there though.
Wishbone rigs seem to out fish flappers there and stay until a 3oz flatty lead is sinking into the mud on the cast as the bites normally pic up when most people would bugger off.
If fishing bang outside Chalkwell station leave a rig at the end of the breaker, IE under the pole as that can produce more fish on the high than on the long cast rod, a one ounce lead on a spinning rod is a good crack for the schoolies.

As Ray said the outfall can be good, just double check that schoolie before grabbing a hold of it as I've had a few weavers off there and the concrete pontoon at Westcliff, especially if using smelly rag.

If fishing in the day you may get a couple of old boys plot up next to you, warn them that you are practicing your pendulum cast and they normally have a quick dip and bugger off.

There is also an official law when fishing at Chalkwell, if a dog touches your bait or ****es up your gear you are legally allowed to kick the owner in the head but you must then sell him the naked pictures of his wife at half price.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
''If fishing in the day you may get a couple of old boys plot up next to you, warn them that you are practicing your pendulum cast and they normally have a quick dip and bugger off.

There is also an official law when fishing at Chalkwell, if a dog touches your bait or ****es up your gear you are legally allowed to kick the owner in the head but you must then sell him the naked pictures of his wife at half price.''

LMAO:clap2: :laugh: :laugh:

as for the shingle i did'nt stay on it for long tide comes right up to wall, was'nt expecting that, so i sat on the steps instead.put the beach caster away and carried on fishing with my freshwater specimin rod and 85oz lead.

first time there so if i go again i will check out those places you all mentioned..

BTW where is the wooden outfall ?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I think you fished Wescliff, did you plot up next to some dingy racks?
Chalkwell station and the outfall are at the end on the seafront, carry on the same road heading West for about half a mile, as the road veers to the right take the left at the zebra crossing, you will be in a no through road with a few speed humps and your there.

OR a 5 minute walk along the sea wall.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep ur right i was westcliffe thinking about it DOH!! i know the road you mean cos i was going to park up there untill i saw the tariff so i parked up a side street..
think i'll go there friday then.. and dungie on saturday... nice 1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts