World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys hopefully going over to Sark beginning on November for 9 days luring.. to the locals of the CI, I know what lures work in Dorset and im sure I'll be fine but are there any go to lures that work over there ?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Hi WWW I've not fished Sark personally but it can't be that different to Jersey so I will give you a list of my favourite lures, perhaps it may help give an idea: Fbm 120/140 in khaki glitter (beware the wrasse in plague proportions there though). Zonk 120, Savage gear sandeel 12.5 and 14cm, salt skimmer, sammy 100/115, big and small Patch, spindleworm 5", tide minnow 175, albie snax.

Hope this helps a little.

Reactions: hennie

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi WWW I've not fished Sark personally but it can't be that different to Jersey so I will give you a list of my favourite lures, perhaps it may help give an idea: Fbm 120/140 in khaki glitter (beware the wrasse in plague proportions there though). Zonk 120, Savage gear sandeel 12.5 and 14cm, salt skimmer, sammy 100/115, big and small Patch, spindleworm 5", tide minnow 175, albie snax.

Hope this helps a little.
Cheers Seymour pretty much got all those :)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd also be packing some larger +23g floating minnows , and some dense 28-30g sinking minnows ...i.e. a few 'heavyweights'... to get the distance , and dig in, off the rocks .. if weather gets snotty! :)
Got 3 savage gear seekers in 28g that cast miles. might get a couple 175 /200 tide minnows

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Like Seymour...never fished Sark. The huge tidal range down here will definitely ‘keep you on yer toes!’......lol
Daylight recces of terrain at LW (if possible) will inform you.
You wouldn’t go far wrong with this type of mark...
7A00ED38-9B72-484B-97C3-CC7578F1D6A9.jpeg

Flick yer lure in and around the gullies....they’re closer in than you think. Especially in the ‘wee hours’.
Tight Lines mate!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like Seymour...never fished Sark. The huge tidal range down here will definitely ‘keep you on yer toes!’......lol
Daylight recces of terrain at LW (if possible) will inform you.
You wouldn’t go far wrong with this type of mark...
View attachment 1123027

Flick yer lure in and around the gullies....they’re closer in than you think. Especially in the ‘wee hours’.
Tight Lines mate!
Cheers matey.. just hope the weather plays ball.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sark is not good for bass...... had everything else. Walked miles and miles been north east, East and South East. Spoke to a local fisherman asking where I can find bass. He said wait till a very very low tide and walk out as far as you can , and cast into the main drag to the east. With all the places here... terrible. I'll stay in Guernsey next time. Is a very cheap holiday (under £90 plus food) so don't mind.

I've resorted to squid and bloody big gar fishing. Crappy on the bass front, cheers for the speedy response Mark... would of stayed and come to the comp if I new it was crap lol. :thumbsdown:

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,468 Posts
Sorry mate ,,, Sark ,,, I was told its pants for bass ,,, thought you were doing jersey ,,,
You could have knocked on myfish s door and gone skishing ,,,,,

Had 47 doubles before breakfast ,,,, gone back out in the night , WITHOUT a rod , and caught them with your bare hands ,,,,,,

Just come on back early ,,, you got loads time ......

Wrasse bashing ,,, congers ,,, bait fishing and the like ,,, rather stick pins in my eyes ............

Miss you on a meet ,,,,, come on home where you belong ........

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Going out tomorrow to a South beach might be the only place on Sark I might be able to find one.

I'm the same just don't get it fishing for congers, rays, huss. I'm only interested in bass. Didnt even bring bait gear..

This trip is part of 7 anglers fishing for black tide mag so we got free accommodation and boat trips. I'll miss the meet and everyone, but I've made it my mission to find one... this effing island won't beat me. If I bass blank I'll never let it go. Then if that happens at least there's a pub.

Really annoying saw loads of bass in Guernsey. Would love to come back but I'm gonna wait it out unless I blank tomorrow then I'll consider it. But bad weather is coming in so it's a bit dodgy.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I never knew that Sark was so bad for bass. To be honest, the Channel Islands are like anywhere else. Much of the time it's not easy to find 5lb upwards fish.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts