World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Bait Guy
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how the lads got on at the Channel open today?

G

·
Well......Oldchukka and I popped along to meet the lads. A range of very good fish landed. For me it was an opportunity to meet some expert anglers (England Internationals included), and - by keeping my eyes open and my mouth shut for once - pick up a few tips. Pix by me and Oldchukka. Lack of captions my fault as I have a terrible memory for names.

·
Registered
183 Posts
channel match report after what looked not very good weather in the morning and after couple of phone calls to see if the match was still going ahead at the time it was blowing a good 30mph but with the forecast for the wind to drop which it did and they got it right for a change and turned out to be a nice sunny afternoon we went ahead. with us fishing 3 hours up and 1 down the fishing turned out to be fairly good with a good number of fish being brought back to the scales with some good plaice the biggest being a fine 2lb 12oz. and the other plaice all being over the 2lb mark there was also a codling of 2lb 6oz weighed in which was a bit of a suprise but the channel being the channel anything can turn up with fish coming from all parts of the boundries and the final results being:
1st me with 6 flounders 2 eels for 8lb 2oz winning £120.
2nd g.griffiths with 1 codling 1 plaice 1 eel for 5lb 5oz winning £70.
he also had the heaviest fish with a fine 2lb 12oz plaice winning £30.
3rd p.green 1 plaice 3 flounders for 4lb 8oz winning £50 his plaice was also a fine 2lb 5oz. nice to meet gulp me drug who came down with oldchukka and took a few pics whice have turned out well thanks for doing that nice one and would nice to see a few more faces of the forum turning up hope to see you all at the next match which is on the
6th september at greenodd fishing 11:45am to 2:45pm book on from 10:30am

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Nice pics Gulp for a minute i thought i was on the crimewatch website:busted_co:whistling
aye, some line up codnapper, but at least i got "super green" to smile, and that stonking plaice he caught is filleted and in my fridge.:whistling:whistling

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Was a good days fishing, except from the tiny codling stripping me baits, was also nice to meet gulp :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Superb little report there and nice to see some quality fish coming out of the channel (even though it is being netted) Well done Chaps:fishing::fishing::thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts