World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi lads had 5 days down minehead went fishing off blue ancher had a small conga, a dog and some pouting, had nice weather but on the last day had a bad storm ,,,,,,,, has anybody been to chapel point if so are the s/hounds about and what about bass. hope to go on wednesday 6 june got to make the best before 15 june as i will be going to have a opp on my toes and will be off my legs for a time ,,,,,,,,,,ray:wheelchai:wheelchai:roll1::roll1:

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
hi lads had 5 days down minehead went fishing off blue ancher had a small conga, a dog and some pouting, had nice weather but on the last day had a bad storm ,,,,,,,, has anybody been to chapel point if so are the s/hounds about and what about bass. hope to go on wednesday 6 june got to make the best before 15 june as i will be going to have a opp on my toes and will be off my legs for a time ,,,,,,,,,,ray:wheelchai:wheelchai:roll1::roll1:
hi ray, have not heard about any smoothies being caught on the beach. mate of mine had a few on a boat about a mile off shore, so they shouldn't be long in coming to the beach. was going to have a go on tuesday 5th, but forecast is not too good. might be all right for bass but not smoothies.
hope your op goes well and wish you a speedy recovery. will keep you informed of any catches i make. all the best trev. :fishing1:

·
Registered
603 Posts
fished furher up the coast at sutton some nice bass coming out up to 3/lb I manage a 2.5/lb my self alot schoolies caught each session. don't know what is like now the sand dredger is pumping sand on shore it fished crap for weeks afterwards last year. will post a pic later on bad note got an infection in my leg last fews day of holiday now in hospital at bradford.

Trev
are you still up for mini meet me and you maybe chapel point first light 1st August anyone else is welcome

phil

·
Registered
924 Posts
I fished Six Marshes with daughter-in-law and grandson on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. We fished five rods using fresh lug, mackerel and frozen razor from about 5.30am - 9.00am and caught one coalfish and some schoolies. All fish returned on both sessions.
On Friday evening we had a walk along Huttoft beach and spoke to a fisherman who told me of a fair size smoothie being landed at Chapel a few days before.
It was also great to meet up with Nidge who was also fishing at Huttoft - keep the posts coming Nidge!!
I thought the sea had coloured up a bit after the onshore blow last week. It certainly did'nt look quite as clear as the previous weekend and it was starting to look quite promising then!!
My lot in Mabo are fishing again tomorrow evening, probably at Six Marshes. I'll post any news afterwards, that is if there is anything to report!
Best of luck for Wednesday Ray.
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
fished furher up the coast at sutton some nice bass coming out up to 3/lb I manage a 2.5/lb my self alot schoolies caught each session. don't know what is like now the sand dredger is pumping sand on shore it fished crap for weeks afterwards last year. will post a pic later on bad note got an infection in my leg last fews day of holiday now in hospital at bradford.

Trev
are you still up for mini meet me and you maybe chapel point first light 1st August anyone else is welcome

phil
hi phil, up to now i am free for an early start on 1st august. chapel sounds good , and of course its got nothing to do with the great breakfasts the cafe does there :):)

·
Registered
248 Posts

Trev

phil
Hi Phil nice to see you out for a pint and a chat the other week, shame about the weather,(and the ale in the Eagle) Did the 2 1/2lb bass go straight in the pan (pan fried Bass, crusty bread best butter, you can't beat it.) Hope the bad leg clears up mate, I cant make August 1st (work) but lets hope they have stoped pumping the sand up by then and things start to improve. Tight lines Rob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts