World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just spent a few days in whitby .....not for fishing. so wanting to get out for a session and was wondering if any one could give me some info on chapel as there are not to many reports for this mark.

looking at getting out sunday evening so any info would be great

ps. would it be better to get rag or peelers at this time?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi all just spent a few days in whitby .....not for fishing. so wanting to get out for a session and was wondering if any one could give me some info on chapel as there are not to many reports for this mark.

looking at getting out sunday evening so any info would be great

ps. would it be better to get rag or peelers at this time?
High tide is at 16:50.

Personally I'd take lug, squid, and some fish like mackerel or sandeel. The sport has been patchy, but I know a few codling came out a week or so back.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats great thanks is the fishing any good at the low tides or will it be hard going as i cant get going untill after 5pm

will be happy just to get out but avioding a blank would put a spring in my step forsure:yahoo:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
if you want to spend a few hour relaxing skeg coast will be the one, don't expect then you wont be disappointed .....si

·
Registered
62 Posts
Me and my mate be there all day till hour or to after high. Hopefully a smoothie or two but who cares sun's out annnnnndddd relax

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys good to know maybe i will bump into some of you guys there
had a bit of misfortune bait freezer packed up and i only just noticed
anywhere in chaple i can get bait after 5pm?

·
Registered
331 Posts
There is a chap who sells bait from his house near there. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly where. Hopefully someone on here will be able to tell you

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
cheers manta someone on the beach may know
Chap called 'Dud' at Chapel Point. I believe he lives opposite the car park and usually has a sign out. Also Lakeside Tackle at the end of Trunch Lane is usually open all hours from now until Winter and stocks a good variety of frozen bait.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
headed for trunch lane and made it onto the beach for 7:30pm ish. weather was good and the bait shop guy saying the fishing is good around dusk.
all set up 4 rods out and .........well blanked
was still a good night out with the wind picking up at about midnight desided to call it quits
lots of crab as baits only lasted about 20 mins
roll on summer

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Shame you blanked, afraid if the Flatties arnt interested that's the usual result until the Hounds arrive. I reckon I blank at least 50% of the time at Trunch Lane but if I go in the tackle shop first I always set up full of enthusiasm as the chap in the shop always assures me there are plenty about. Lol!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I don't often go in the shop but every time I do go im told there is fish about, then get talking to folks on the beach and they tell a different story, so what im told in the shop I take with a pinch of salt

·
Registered
719 Posts
Lmao!!!! Ah it's not just me gets that old flannel from them then?.......One bait seller around that area often assures me that everything has been landed on trunch beach recently all except moby dick!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good to know i am not the only one that falles victim to the old "fishermans tails" of good fishing and great oppertunity.
hopefully the hounds will arrive soon.

next thing is replacing the bait freezer.
and getting a new supply to replace the lot i lost

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
We get that down in Norfolk.
Fishing last week 2 blokes came upto me and asked if I had caught any of the nice Cod and Bass that were being caught off the beach.

I said no just codlets being caught and no bass yet off the beach that I know off.

I asked who had told them he said the guy in the LTS as he parted with £40 for all the bait he was told the 2 of them would need.

I said nxt time you want info try the beach or harbour wall then go buy your bait.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
the only way to know if there's any fish about is to go fishing, tackle shops want to sell bait etc, you cant blame them to be honest they want to make a living like we all do.
also when you read reports of stack loads of fish coming out you got to remember if they all taken home they not swimming around anymore, makes me laugh when a report comes up saying Fish fish fish you get every man and there dogs on the beach.......si

·
Registered
719 Posts
That's true enough,,,,You get a report on about a few bass or cod being caught somewhere and the following night it's like golds been struck at that location,,,,,,and it's stampede time!

If you look at it from another point of view, if you knew of a good fishing hotspot would you really tell anyone??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
very true guess its all down to a good days fishing and being out there
as for the bait shop gossip ..... dont realy mind it as it helps put a spring in your step as you head for the beach and who knows one day it might be spot on and you will have the session from heaven:hypocrite

1 - 18 of 18 Posts