World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok lads
i am down there for a week and plan to fish , what is the best time to fish it ,
also any sea fishing that i can take my kids to fish easy .

i know peeler are good what other baits
thanks
sultzer

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Hi there. Think I would rather be fishing in Scotland! I'll just answer your post with a few basics and leave the technical stuff to those more expert!
Peeler are good to use at the moment if you can source some. Next popular bait is lugworm. Can be dug at low water at a few local venues but can be bought, usually to order from 'Tackle 4 U' at Ingoldmells [10 minutes south of Chapel] Tel: 01754 874950. Squid and mackeral to tip the bait can help.
Loads of marks near to Chapel, eg Moggs Eye, Chapel Six Marshes, Wolla Bank [all just to the north within a few minutes and very easy access, parking] . Chapel Point itself is fished a lot and when things get really desparate there is a cafe in the car park!
I think all the venues are kid friendly. Flat ,sandy beaches.
Personally I fish the tide up and generally only down for a hour or so as once its really ebbing it can be difficult to keep in any depth of water as the tide runs on the flat beaches quite quickly, but thats my view.
Anyway , hope you enjoy our fishing................if not, just think, we have it all the time!

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ta
i have a few frozen peelers that i'll be bringing down .
as for fishing in scotland , love it just hop from coast to coast throughout year , mind you sometime blanks are on the cards even here .

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi mate,

I should be around a lot over the next 3 weeks and usually fish Trunch lane ( just south of Chaple ). Im a fellow Scot so its hard to miss me and if you bump into me will help you out all I can, as the other post says, its usually best for bass from low up for the first 2 hours and if u can pump yourself some local yellow tails thats normally best.......peeler is also good but I save mine for calm weather for the smoothhounds.

boansy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts