World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new here and also new to beach casting, I've tryed it a few years ago and more recently at the end of Trunch Lane at chaple, fished with squid, had just the 1 smooth hound 3 years ago the first time I went but blanked a month ago fishing squid and the black worms (not sure of the name). I'm going back 1st Sept! Any tips or advice for baits, locations recently fished well, anything I need to know please as I'm wanting to get into this sport and enjoy it for what it is. I've carp fished for years and want a mix up and learn new styles of fishing. Thankyou for taking your time to read my post and tight lines 馃悷馃悷

Registered
Welcome :) You might want to put this post on the catch reports section for the area that you are intending to fish, that way you should have a better chance of picking up some local knowledge of the area.

Registered
If there is smooth hounds kicking about your best bait is crab , peeler ,frozen peeler, or hard back crab. A nother good bait that catches is shrimp . You really need flat calm seas with a lot of colour in the sea to do well. You do need to shrimp at bottom of water again with flat calm sea,s . Squid does catch but on the day nothing beats crab or shrimp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts