World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damdoggies(Stu) was kind enough to organise a night trip on board Chara hopefully to go after the 'hounds off Aberthaw.
Unfortunatly after getting through the surf at the Ranny it was decided that perhaps it was not such a good idea, the predicted 9 mph winds were a little bit underestimated, so we went to the bay east of Sully island.
Almost straight away we were into the ubiquitous doggies with almost everybody catching them.
Then Tony caught this pool winning ray of 6lb 12oz.

Daihook decided that he wanted some ray action and hooked into this.

As part of Ieuan's community service he has to take the elderly/mentally unstable fishing now and again.

At the bottom of the tide we moved back towards Cardiff and anchored up at the middle pool and caught a couple of conger.

Stu with his blank beating and PB conger.

Bit disappointed not to see any hound action but it was still good to get out despite the weather and catch some fish.

Tightlines
Bin

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
nice one john good pics especially the one of the ray hehehe must admit i was dissappointed at not catching a hound but i think i have had more than my fill on them an enjoyable night even for the elderly hahaha well done stu but if it`s like that at the ranny then i think i`ll stay on terra ferma in future i am really sore now and feel as old as `dad` tight lines mucca

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
very enjoyable night but i must admit that going round the ranny in them swells did damage my nerves a little

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
awesome night only dogs for me and grandad but nevermind non stop laughter the rollercoaster ride was awesome typical ranny conditions lol the perfect storm all over again cheers lee and stu see you soon

tight lines
community care officer lol

·
Registered
904 Posts
Great report Bin and at least we all caught some fish - and thanks for arranging it Stu. Pleased that the rain held off - doesn't seemed to have stopped since.

That old bloke in the corner kept snoring, dribbling and talking in his sleep. Mind you, he made more sense then than when he was awake. And at least he had a couple of nice doggies in his box to take home.......bless

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks guys, shame we couldn't get to aberthaw :doh:, but had a good night none the less. Well done Tony on winning the pool :1a:, I still owe you m8, and a nice spotted ray for daihook. I wish we did a video of those waves at the end of the ranny :eek:hnoes: Tightlines DD

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
well done lads good pics :thumbs:

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Shame the wethaer stopped you getting on the hounds lads.....sounds like you had a laugh though!!!

Well done Fish n chips on winning the pool

Nice spotty Dai H well done

Well done on your pb conger as well fella

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
thanks guys for a cracking night of laughter but the look of your faces going over the ranny was the best part of the night lol see you lot son i will have you back lads for those dogs yet again getting into my box lol tight lines
Are thay not used to things like the ranny 'dad' lol, not THAT bad lol

How many dogs, as many as our swansea trip ? ? ? :oops::oops::oops:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts