World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there more than one way to wire up twin batteries..can i simply wire the two together/or use croc clips..for adding is a second to charge from my o/b

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Yep you can wire them together but you must wire them in parallel (neg to neg and pos to pos) you'll still get a 12v output but the capacity will be doubled. I'ts what i used to do on my boats rather than use a seperate battery for the engine and one for the 'toys'. Have a look at this it explains how you go about it http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6218345_charge-two-car-batteries-parallel.html

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Parallel wiring is a mistake. If one battery fails it will drain the other. There is absolutely no point in doing it, all it gives you in effect is one very big battery. A single 110ah is more than enough for your needs Andy. MORE than enough.
:thumbs:

headlight

G

·
Parallel wiring is a mistake. If one battery fails it will drain the other. There is absolutely no point in doing it, all it gives you in effect is one very big battery. A single 110ah is more than enough for your needs Andy. MORE than enough.
Id have to agree with that.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts