World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.i have hired mumbles pier 2 july for an all nite fish - in ,from 8pm to 8,30 am.this is to raise some money towards a therepy room for Caerphilly Childrens Centre,for children with special needs.limited places,£10 ea ,all prodeeds to the centre.leave msg or phone me to register.07957210339 ta

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
blueskip said:
Brand, barring a "cant get out of it" situation (which my wife occasionally springs on me, claiming that I have known about it for months!) I will be there as well. Doubt if I will last until 0830, but I will do a couple of hours after the 0340am high tide, by then I will be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing, loud enough to keep the rest of the pier awake!
blueskip

see you there m8 7.30 ish at base of pier cheers brand

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
marcus said:
Me too..mattrich..your the designated driver!!..good lad!!..ill bring me powerhouse..

great stuff

see you there m8 7.30 base of pier cheers brand

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
jetstream said:
Guys,

I have fished several competitions on the pier at night and have always used my Lamp at the end as it is Concrete there not wood as is the higher section. The lights are usually left on on the main pier and afford some light though a headlight is really essential. there is no light at the end on the lower concrete fishing section.
See you Saturday... Never met anyone from the Forum before.

Sim

hi m8 see you there hope its dry ,brand :cool:

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
jetstream said:
Im the ugly one with no hair and a goatee...
im the other one ,no goatie and not much hair :) cos my wife cut it ,brand

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
lurelover said:
Aww no I was reading through and getting really exited at the prospect at coming to this fish in, untill my good lady reminded me that the live 8 concert is on the same day. Gutted, I cannot dip out of it as I am taking my Mum to this concert, and I am looking forward to it.

Maybe next time.

Brand is there any way I can donate toward this event without actually being there as I believe it is a very good cause.

GB

aw no !!.No prob you guys seem very generous,and we hav nt met.Ive been involved personally with the centre for 18 yrs and raise as much money as we can for various items, building,some of these items for the children are very expensive. any donations is welcolme.my darling wife ,carolyn works there,ask for carolyn jones and she will explain anything and send you some literature etc for you to see what the centre does. carolyn will handle any donations thanks for your time.i have a bigger event in feb of each year ill let you know if you like ta brand , :) oh centre no 02920867447

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
paid4tackledealersroller said:
Good luck guys can't make it myself as probably working away and it's my birthday and 'er indoors will want to do something if I'm home. Though why the hell I would want to celebrate being 41 is beyond me :(

happy birthday!!! brand :)

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
kelvindavies11 said:
what is the best bait to use for pollock on the float, rag macky ??? also if i add tip lights to a macky trace do u think i could catch macky in the dark lol

kelvin

hi ive caught pollack on rag mostly,dont know if macky feed in the dark? :)

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Phil the Float said:
Nope, but I will be there for Saturday night, and I am looking forward to it!

hi lads are you all fixed up for sat nite?hope the weather is ok you all seem to be bringing half the house with you ,comfy chairs,dont forget some light music,food, horse shoe there is a tackle box with goodies inside up for grabs in a raffle. few of the lads are unable to come due to late commitments weell raise a small amount this time.the feb comp is a winner .we have ladies/junior section,prizes raffle and its all back to the pier hotel,bar to our selves.see you sat brand :)

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
blueskip said:
Blimey I almost forgot the sqwauk box! how could I possibly go all night without Radio2?
blueskip
RADIO 2 ......^$""&*&%$££ :cool:

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
blueskip said:
Roller, can I get the Disco through the gates of the pier? no problem in getting it to climb the steps from the concrete, its just the width of the gates that's worrying me!
I have even dug out my old Abu484 for the occasion, so that I can lift all those heavy fish up onto the pier, (that's if I stay awake until 1am, cos thats when they will come on the feed).
Brand, what is the format for tonight? will you be at the gate taking the money? if so what time will you be there, what time will we be allowed on, will the pier be closed to non-competitors, can I bring hand grenades, a gill net, some strippers, can you let me know asap, Ta mate.
blueskip

hi see you all at the base of the pier 7...7.30,privare comp,deapth charges!!!! bout 8 o clock on pier brand

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
blueskip said:
See another post by Paid4tackledealersroller to find out the name of a brand new moderator! He lives not a million miles away from "Marchuss"!
blueskip

thanks very much to all you guys who came,faces to names etc and donations made for the childrens ctr the money is gone to the therepy room/equipment quiet after high water but i had three mack.must go cos im knackered cheers lads :)

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Phil the Float said:
It was a good night, a peeved that the float didn't catch. Wajt an excellent night, good company, good tea, good sarnies, one or two good fish, excellent banter.

All in all cheers lads for the good company, well worth getting knackered for.

yep, roll on the macky brand

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
marcus said:
i got a pic of the huss..

ill get it on ere later on.

also brand,,if you can email me the pic you took..

My email addy is [email protected]

him8 i shall get pic of huss to you soon as i can just a little busy for couple days cheers r u out this w/e ? brand :cool:

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Phil the Float said:
Brand, how much was raised??

Hi phil There was 16 of us and considering there was not many of us,when i had paid the pier fees we had a total of £70 put into the fund,this has gone towards equip for the therepy room.The Feb match i hold is good fun and raises towards £900 each year ,but you will have to wait till till then m8.Prizes then!!!! If you can put up with the weather at that time of the year your a good un! see you brand :)

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Phil the Float said:
It was good to meet up with a few of guys, a good time was had by all!
hi guys.,another £30 to the centre,i forgot i had 2 cheques.bit of a bummer we have to pay for the pier even for a charitity ( cant sorry get rid of the mistackes in spelling)pressed something i shouldnd.)Not so bad in the feb comp cos theres more of us.Marchuss,do you have a camara phone cos ill just send the pic of hussy to you if not ill put it on disc or something. :eek:

· Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
marcus said:
Brand,,,cant you just put it on your pc and email it to me??

[email protected]

that would be easiest

cheers :cool:

hi m8 not 2 good at computer.my phone that i took the picy is a blu tooth i think i have to get a thingy which goes into the back of the computer.? the pic is on my phone is that right about the thingy brand :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.