World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me what the charter boats are catching this time of year, if anything ? Do they still head out to the wrecks or stay inshore. Intrested about Whitby and Scarborough. Thankyou.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi jbeans ,
i was speaking to a whitby skipper yesterday and they are getting fish off the rough ground .
still a bit early for the wrecks.
im out sunday ,so should know better.
ill let you know

·
Registered
60 Posts
Could anyone tell me what the charter boats are catching this time of year, if anything ? Do they still head out to the wrecks or stay inshore. Intrested about Whitby and Scarborough. Thankyou.
The last couple of days have been very good with plenty of cod between 4- 6lb range nearly all off the fish have been taken on squid but some have been taken on shads our 2 best fish yesterday were around the 10lb mark which we took 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the daily prizes in the whitby spring festival yeasterday.
Normally on very small tides which we have at moment the inshore wrecks fish there head off but due to murky water inshore and the arrival of the algie which is well early this year we have been working around the 20mile mark with one wreck really fishing well which we have fished for the last 2 days wrecks fish all year even better in winter if you can get good water clarity.

paul

sea otter2

www.sea-otter2.co.uk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts