World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fishing out of barry 2nd week of november!
any tips tackle/bait/tactics appreciated!!!

:unsure:

chris of swansea

·
Registered
200 Posts
Chris

If your fishing Barry in November you will almost certainly be targeting Cod. The most consistant bait is lugworm and plenty of it. The most productive methods tends to be uptiding with a pennel rig. Using two hooks spreads the bait out better. I find using a main hook of 5/0 (fairly fine wire so it doesn't damage the bait, but strong enough to cope with a large Cod) and a smaller Viking hook of 1/0 up the line works best. Ragworm is another good bait but tends to catch more Whiting/Pouting than Cod.

Its worth taking some Squid and Mackeral as these work best for any Conger, Skate and Dogfish if they are still around. Although Cod are caught on fish bait in this area (usually the bigger ones) Worm baits nearly always catch more Cod.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I normally fish two rods. One uptide as per previous poster i.e. lug & squid, second rod downtide with big squid bait. On big tides you will need a lump of lead the size of a portable TV !!!, keep letting out line until it holds. It is interesting that i managed more Cod on the downtide method last season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts