World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be visiting Portsmouth (Wednesday16th and Thursday 17th Sept) and would like to go out on a charter boat on either day. Anyone any ideas on who to contact or would any one be interested in a charter boat trip either day if any boats are available?
Thanks, Paul.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
deepsea.co.uk

look for sea fox skippered by andy snow and sea juicer skippered by rob hicken. the only boats worth going on by a country mile. both top skippers and top blokes.

·
Registered
571 Posts
rob hicken is on his holidays then i think its a hard life them skippers have lol

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
if im right in thinking on those dates are big tides. id either go to clarence in portsmouth for sole weather depending or id have ago for codling but your best bet would be hayling, or further east. ill be fishing on these big tides for them but unsure where to go as of yet

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Dover tide book gives a 6.1 at 09.58 (16th) and 6.6 at 10.48 (17th)
At a guess you must be about an hour + infront of Dover tides.
Is it best to fish the high or the low from the shore?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
My Dover tide book gives a 6.1 at 09.58 (16th) and 6.6 at 10.48 (17th)
At a guess you must be about an hour + infront of Dover tides.
Is it best to fish the high or the low from the shore?

around 2 hours either side of high tide and you wont go far wrong. ht is 22.22pm on 16th, 23.12pm on the 17th. 4.5m and 4.7m. nice tides for coddies

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Paul

Tides for Wensday 16 sept 1st h.w 09.34 4.3m 2nd h.w 21.54 4.4m

Thursday 17 1st h.w 10.25 4.6m 2nd h.w 22.41 4.8m

ps These tides are for southampton so you need to add on 30mins hope this make sense

clive

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. I like the sound of the cod fishing rather than the flatties.
Is the cod venue easy to find?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Hi Paul

Tides for Wensday 16 sept 1st h.w 09.34 4.3m 2nd h.w 21.54 4.4m

Thursday 17 1st h.w 10.25 4.6m 2nd h.w 22.41 4.8m

ps These tides are for southampton so you need to add on 30mins hope this make sense

clive

you need to add an hour on these times

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies. I like the sound of the cod fishing rather than the flatties.
Is the cod venue easy to find?

have alook on google earth and type in hayling. its not far from portsmouth. the times i gave you were the excact times for portsmouth on these dates.

send me a pm nearer the time and ill fill you in wheres catching etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts