World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm taking a friend's 10 year-old boy fishing next Monday (half term starts) preferably from Penarth or Barry. As I'm checking tide times and rigs etc (this is our first foray into fishing in these areas) I was wondering whether anyone can seriously recommend a charter vessel that will welcome a young boy and a very rusty adult or two? (And also give me some estimate of prices?)

As a child I used to fish - mainly from the piers, rocks and shore with my father and brothers in Sydney, Australia - though I have not properly fished for years and would welcome any advice for the regional waters....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lady helen is a good boat, big enough and Steve the skipper will help you out, not sure of prices or contact number i'm afraid, check out sea angler magazine.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Try also the Leah James skippered by Russell Lloyd out of Penarth. He gave us a great day. We were two adults (very rustry) and my ten year old boy. The cost was £150 for 8 hour trip, tackle and bait was a bit extra if you need it. As we could not find anyone else to go we had to stump up the cash ourselves, but if you can get on a part of group it will bring the cost down. Remember that the £150 per trip is the minimum he will go out for, so if there are only three of you it is still £150. He says he gets very busy during cod season, so you may be lucky getting a trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts