1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into buying an entry level plotter,

What are your thoughts on the 2 plotters i have in mind

1)STANDARD HORIZON CP180i COLOUR CHART PLOTTER

2)NAVMAN TRACKER 5380 (Internal Antenna)

WHich of the 2 would you experienced guys recommend and why??

Thanks

Dai

G

·
Standard Horizon have a 3 year warranty, and I prefer the 'Landscape' orientation of the screen as opposed to the 'Portrait' layout of the Navman.
Both use C-Map Max cartridges, which will give you all the info you need.
The Navman has 3000 waypoints against the Standards 600, but the Standard can be connected up to their black box to give you a good fishfinder although the screen would be too small for split screen use.
Both have their plus points but as a SH owner for the past 5 years I would favour them.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Standard Horizon have a 3 year warranty, and I prefer the 'Landscape' orientation of the screen as opposed to the 'Portrait' layout of the Navman.
Both use C-Map Max cartridges, which will give you all the info you need.
The Navman has 3000 waypoints against the Standards 600, but the Standard can be connected up to their black box to give you a good fishfinder although the screen would be too small for split screen use.
Both have their plus points but as a SH owner for the past 5 years I would favour them.
Thanks for that Cascars, I do prefer the look on the SH, and i now think the extra warranty has just sold it to me.

Cheers

Dai

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Thanks for that Cascars, I do prefer the look on the SH, and i now think the extra warranty has just sold it to me.

Cheers

Dai
I had a SH CP180i on my last boat Leigh, cracking unit, easy to use, all the features you will want & 600 waypoints will be more than enough for you.

headlight

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
id go with a garmin set
Best aftersales care/help ever. None of the silly problems that occur with SH or Nman. Product development is done by the factory not left to the customers. Search for SH problems on here, you'll find plenty. Nice and involving if you want a new hobby, if you want something that just works buy Garmin.

Dave

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies gents, I have just purchased the SH 180.

So if any one has a c-max card for the bristol channel they are looking to sell, Drop me a PM.

Thanks All

Dai

G

·
Thanks for the replies gents, I have just purchased the SH 180.

So if any one has a c-max card for the bristol channel they are looking to sell, Drop me a PM.

Thanks All

Dai
Congrats on the purchase. Please posts your opinions of it once you have had a chance to try it.
As for the chart, I had a quick look on ebay and found these ones, 160473824858, 160475060497, 200514459666. You will need to check that they cover the area that you want.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on the purchase. Please posts your opinions of it once you have had a chance to try it.
As for the chart, I had a quick look on ebay and found these ones, 160473824858, 160475060497, 200514459666. You will need to check that they cover the area that you want.

Right, fitted the plotter to the boat today, and because its the internal antenna plotter it only took about 15 mins, 10mins was crimping and soldering the power connections. So very easy to install,

The next stage was inputting some marks, again this was very simple to do.

This is my first plotter so i am unable to make comparisons, but can give you my view on the unit itself

So far i have found the plotter very user friendly with easy to use menus,

I have only used the basic functions as of yet as i am awaiting delivery of the C-MAP NT+ card for it.

Once recieved and used i will give a more thorough review.

Happy so far.....

Dai

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.