World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how lloyds at chatham is fishing at the mo?
fished it a few weeks back and managed a small bass and my brother managed a couple of pout and a eel?

·
Registered
262 Posts
An absolute shower at the moment.

Had a good eel session in that region of the mudway a couple of weeks ago but at the moment it really is pathetic.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when we were fishing there a guy came up 2 us saying that he caught an 8lb bass on the ebb but i found it hard to come to terms with because the tide really runs away in the medway

·
Registered
262 Posts
Had a big bass there before, there are always half a dozen or so during the year, even as far up as wouldham.

Not my cup of tea tbh, I usually head down with left over bait and stick it on 4/0 pennels in the hope of another big bass.

Just wish the bait-robbing crabs would bugger off so I could get upto gravesend and hook a few soles.

·
Registered
842 Posts
no its probably true. 2 years ago about this time 2 years ago ......a mate of mine, who doesnt fish anymore, was doing an all nighter down MCE on the heli pad fishing with whole squid. hooked a few bass biggest was 8lb and a few 4 and a 6 i think all in one night, infact the 8lber got him in Sea angling mag and got himself a abu rod and reel....they went the next week and the same sort of thing but smaller bass only to about 5lb i think...thye aint accurate weights as i wernt there and cant remember but i see pics......me and a mate tried and a just over 6lb bass nearly took the rod with it but it was landed ......that was all on high tide down.....the one my pal caught was bang on 4 hours after high....very hit and miss tho.....if they are there you could be in luck but if not then fishing with whole squid you could easlily blank...bear in mind this was 2 years back and i aint heard of many sessions like that since specially not in the mudway

i know a few others who have had big bass and done well live baiting pout and whiting....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i went down there yesterday only managed 3pout and an eel there was a couple of guys next to me and i only saw one of them catch a few eels
all i can say is bring on the winter so much better!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.