World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Went out last night on those big tides. To make it more interesting I went to area on the Island with the strongest tides (they're sticking some tidal power generators in there). It's an awesome sight, it's like standing on a river bank with the river in full flood...except it's the sea. The lateral flow is crazy.

Started off with a Fiiish Crazy Sandeel. Felt a bit stupid ripping it back so fast, but I had to keep it off the bottom. I had zero confidence until is got completely necked by this fella.

Of course fishing being fishing, I lost said lure on the next cast. Going to pair the next one with a weedless SG sandeel jighead next time. And then I lost a Feed Shallow...and then I lost another! Turning into a bit of a 'mare!

On with the Vulture...instant garfish :( Then a massive hit, white water all over the place, then nothing.

Low night now so I put on the chaviest lure I had. Sakura Smart Minnow. Great £11 lure.

3 fish in quick succession, great fun in a massive tide, bit sketchy getting them in.

Can't get out tonight unfortunately, real shame as I know they'll be there :p
Oh yeah, baitfish everywhere!

Steve.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Great report Steve and lovely shots.

Definitely have a shot pairing up the SG weedless 16g heads I sent you with a CS150 body. Blob of glue and it works an absolute treat in any quick moving water.

As for the Feed Shallows- haven't worked out how to make them weedless yet, although I'd dearly like to :)

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Fantastic fishing! :cool:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
nice going steve the fish certainly wanted the fiish sandeel to ,
i must admit i dont use any softs unless there weedless
otherwise i would loose every one lol
but a good idea worth trying ,which i will give them a go like that now

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Thanks for sharing a great report and pictures

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.