World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says, discussion of cheap braids. I've been looking on AliExpress and like the look of the multicoloured braid line on offer. Now the top brand braids like J braid etc are all from china just with their sticker slapped on the packaging, but, does anyone recommend a good braid that is cheap and not branded? I've personally been using Kastking and found if you want 30lb braid you need to order 50lb.. but there are other names on the market place now and I'm calling out all the guys who have experimented and able to give advise...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
We use Spectra braid from china. It was only £30 or so for a kilometer of 40lb braid and we havent had any issues with it. Use it for nearly all our fishing. Ive seen on previous posts like this on here and elsewhere that a good few others also use it and recommend it

Reactions: WelshCoastAngler

·
Registered
21,568 Posts
As title says, discussion of cheap braids. I've been looking on AliExpress and like the look of the multicoloured braid line on offer. Now the top brand braids like J braid etc are all from china just with their sticker slapped on the packaging, but, does anyone recommend a good braid that is cheap and not branded? I've personally been using Kastking and found if you want 30lb braid you need to order 50lb.. but there are other names on the market place now and I'm calling out all the guys who have experimented and able to give advise...
:) I've used Saratoga for a few years now and although slightly thicker than PP not had a problem. :)

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I've been using 8 strand Saratoga for the past 12 years and I can't rate it highly enough, I use 40lb Red on my own boat, I use 40lb & 60lb Red on my Norway reels, it's fairly inexpensive for 1000m spools and takes around two weeks to arrive from China

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Strands-1000M-Red-Super-Strong-Dyneema-Saratoga-Braided-Fishing-Line-Extreme/171193245965?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=470315360155&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
:) I've used Saratoga for a few years now and although slightly thicker than PP not had a problem. :)
As above, I use the multi coloured stuff as I can estimate when the bait is near the bottom or near the top due to the colour on the reel

·
Registered
692 Posts
Spectre for me all day long iv fished the Mersey for the last four years with the same braid not lost a lead that might be luck but the braid is faultless and am sticking with it it's cheaper than nicking it :roflpuke:

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
i normaly use power pro in red i also use whiplash (very thin ) both great braids. ive also used the cheap stuff from china which is a fair bit thicker, it still does a good job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts