World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a load of cheap plugs on a certain auction site.

I realise the hooks will probably be cack and they'll probably fall apart before I get even near a fish but........can you actually get good cheap plugs or is it a case of you get what you pay for?

I'll probably lose them all on their first or second outing anyway.

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Not sure there Tim,, they could just be a few lures bought from aldi or lidl, but who knows? if they catch fish then you can say you've had a good deal,, Tight 'uns,, Marc.:bones::victory::bones:

·
Registered
456 Posts
HagWag,
Depends what you call cheap, Daiwa Saltiga lures have proved to be good value. The Chugger runs at the same sort of depths as a Feed Shallow, has a good strong action, but you can pick it up for about £7.50.
Also there slimmer minnow pattern, seems to be good to, basically does the same job as a tide minnow, but cost about £12.

I know that not everyone will consider these to be cheap, but I would rather pay a little bit more for a good lure and only have a couple. Than buy something really cheap that may or may not work.

Don't need loads of lures, something extra shallow, something 2-3', a popper, and a toby. Those four lures would catch you bass in most places. Probably pick all four up for just under £40 if you hunt around.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
There's plenty of good cheap plugs out there.
Harris currently have sale on that includes Bomber lures and the excellent Fladen Conrad plugs can also be had cheaply from various sources.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,782 Posts
You can buy Rapalas in the States quite cheaply.
I was in the States in 2005 for the US National rifle champs and we had a walmart near by,they were selling Rapalas at silly prices like the Slither at less than $5.
In this country they are approx £12-14.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It depends on what is called cheap.....Take a look at the Veals Bass catalogue 2009 ie, they sell packs you don't need more than that to be able to catch a decent bass. Or the other lures they have for that matter.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Bought 2 in a pack with chain for £1.99 at Focus LOL :bangin:

I bought some jointed and non jointed and poppers made by Fladen,Prices ranged from £1.19 to £2.99(all individually boxed and lots of colours available,bargain for what you get ,they have a good action and catch fish ,even if some anglers think them an untrendy named brand ). Purchased from Brian Fords and from Trago Mills (both discount stores) I think the retail is upto £7.99 for some of them in some shops advertisements.But i expect most shops sell them cheaper than £7.99.

They work for Bass and Pike,Mackeral,Scad etc. Ive had as many Bass on them as on my Rapalas etc. But im not fishing them hopeing a Bass is about,im fishing where i know Bass are.

I did buy a real cheapo set of Plugs,total rubbish,the Bass turned their noses up as much as mates who insist on premium price plugs. I even went to tie one on and when i pulled the knot tight the attachment at the front of the plug came away!!....good job it didnt happen with a fish on....so the really cack plugs went in the bin.

So theres cheap fish catching plugs,and cheap angler only catching plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts