World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick heads up for those looking for a reel case.

For the last few years for my course fishing, I been using these black Gents Wash Bags from Poundland for my FS Reels.

http://www.poundland.co.uk/gent-s-wash-bag

I ve seen similar bags in other pound shops, but this one from Poundland is actually quite decent quality.
Since starting sea fishing, I've squeezed a Biomaster 8000 in one, but my 6010 Baitrunners are a much better fit. I've seen similar reel cases for £6 or £7 in fishing shops, but apart from the logo, they are virtually identical..

·
Registered
22,148 Posts

For the last few years for my course fishing, I been using these black Gents Wash Bags from Poundland for my FS Reels.

I ve seen similar bags in other pound shops, but this one from Poundland is actually quite decent quality.
Since starting sea fishing, I've squeezed a Biomaster 8000 in one, but my 6010 Baitrunners are a much better fit. I've seen similar reel cases for £6 or £7 in fishing shops, but apart from the logo, they are virtually identical..
:) Worth a look when I take my grand daughter shopping. ;)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I used a old laptop bag (second skin) that's neoprene - with a line of stitching it means it will take one 6000 and one 4000 sized reel without them touching. The zip is plastic and the material being neoprene is both water resistant plus absorbs some knocks. It also stores flat and can be used as a thermal/waterproof seating cushion.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I wonder how much the person gets for making that
....For nowt !!!.. take your reel and wrap it in bubble wrap carefully ..use plenty of the stuff and cover 2 or 3 times... tape up.. then take a pair of sharp scissors and carefully snip open 1 end only.. cut away carefully until u can just get the reel in and out and hey presto... a waterproof and very protective reel case tucked in yer bag or bucket !!..better than using the orig boxes cos they only get damp..never chuck em tho...?! best leave in a dry cupboard at home .. lol.. I must have about 20 sea and game reel boxes in orig condition.. handy when I peg it an all these reels get sold !!!!... foxy52

·
Registered
22,148 Posts

:( Visited PL this morning, seems they haven't reached Waerlooville yet, or they don't stock it. Will look again next time Mrs B allows me out shopping on my own. ;);)

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I use the towelling wash mitts from Dunhelms for my small multipliers, cheap, nice and soft, and available in just about every colour you can think of so you know which reel it is without having to get it out..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Right just to clarify: The ones I've bought have a blue zip , so might be different size to the original one posted by Pete E. But these ones will take a Shimano Beastmaster 7000 at a snug fit. A Penn Surfblaster 8000 they will not

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, think its the same, bought a couple as like you said they are really quite good! Going to use one for a little LRF kit and reel to keep ready for a quick trip
Yeah, they are surprisingly handy especially for a £1! I use them for all sorts of things..I have a first aid kit in one and a brew kit in another, plus a few more with bits of camping or fishing kit in...My biggest problem is making sure I pick the right one up!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just got four so I have spares when the zips break.
Can confirm that a Penn Surfblaster 8000 will not fit. I knew I should've bought the 7000! :rolleyes:
My Rovex Ceratec 6000 fits easily, in fact it looks like a pair of them would fit well. Would need some piece of padding between them obviously.
Will definitely fit my 6000 and 4000 in one. :)
These bags are unpadded, unventilated. Inside appears to be easily rinse/wipe cleaned to remove salt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.