World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen quite a few patchinko replicas and tackle feed shallow replicas off ebay. They look very similar but I was wondering if they are actually worth buying. They are 10 pounds

·
Registered
156 Posts
Get them from Aliexpress for less than £4. Some really good IMA and Shimano copies too like komono 2's , rocket baits, narbaronnes, susukes, silent assasins etc. Glue loops, change hooks if needs be and seal with clear varnish to be on the safe side and you are good to go. Work for me.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
I have seen quite a few patchinko replicas and tackle feed shallow replicas off ebay. They look very similar but I was wondering if they are actually worth buying. They are 10 pounds
Those are bought off AliExpress and sold at inflated prices simple as that. Largely done with paying inflated UK prices for imported lures with a few exceptions but I will support those that are made in the UK. Somehow throwing a 3 quid lure into a snaggy area does not hurt as much a doing the same with a 25 quid jobbie. Other problem is actually getting hold of recommended lures while Ali can provide a better range of colours that are actually for sale. Cheap enough to strip and repaint if you are that way inclined.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The Hunt house manik lure 155 has been a revelation for me accounted for all my big bass over the last two years . It is a near copy of the Duo Bay Ruf Manic .You must change the hooks or this will happen with a decent bass.

Spot the copy

Biggest bass on this baby 80 cm October 2019

Cost £4.20 off Ali pre brexit , add £3 to put decent decoys on it.

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
If they catch, they might catch on, and bring the price of the originals down?.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have both original and copy lures, and whilst the originals are undoubtedly superior, not by that much. Ali Ex do excellent IMA Hound copies, and as others have said, the Hunthouse lures are pretty good too.
Given that the Jap lures are four times the price would you rather have just three Jap lures or ten/twelve copies, for a variety of conditions?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Here’s my view.
Many manufacturers are starting to copy or atleast produce very similar lures to one another, panic prey and Patchinko being one example. In most cases with the reputable manufacturers the quality is still reasonably high and what you’d come to expect.

then there’s the Aliexpress copies which are identical rips. In my opinion these copies are not as good as the reputable brands and this is reflected in the price you pay.
In a lot of cases you’ll find the action, casting and behaviour quite different to what your used to with the original, it may not WTD as well or sit the same in the water.
I’ve gone through quite a large number of Aliexpress lures in my early time from hard lures (mainly Patchinko copies) to soft plastics and my personal opinion is that none of them came close to the original.

If your asking “will I catch on the Aliexpress lures” the answers 100% yes you will, however in my opinion the reputable lures will be far more productive and not only that you’ll likely be fishing them much more confidently.

I would rather have one Patchinko in the right colour then 10 Aliexpress copies in various colours, every single time(y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts