World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
It's called parasitic drain, the circuits in the lamp still use power even though it is not on, more expensive lamps have features to reduce or eliminate this. Just do as the poster above said and take the batteries out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
As Im a bit 'slow' I used 3 sets of batteries before I realised what was happening! Now I just turn one of the batteries around to break the circuit between use. This seems to have cured the problem.
Not sure what batteries you're using, but do not, under any circumstances, reverse the polarity of 3.7v ultrafire batteries used in some of the cheap crees - this will end in tears...

Plenty of info on this using the search facility.

Still a big vote for the cheap cree lights from me, but you need to look after them. Keep em indoors when not in use - not left in the bottom of a box or bag to get damp as they will corrode, keep the batteries charged and not left in the light when not in use.

Mart.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top