World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Any suggestions /idea’s/ details for making a disposable Anchor. I tend to fish a lot of rocky and snaggy inshore ground this time of year and have lost 3 tidy anchors so far.

Cheers Steve

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Make them from rebar, it is soft enough to bend out.

Most important with any anchor set it to trip. The chain should be shackled to the head of the anchor and lead up the shank whee it is secured with a cable tie or 2. If the anchor snags the cable tie/s will snap with a good tug and the pull is then reversed. The anchor should now pull out of the snag the same way it went in.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chris,
Always have set mine up the same way. I think it’s more a case of a combination of chain and the warp getting snagged. I am thinking of making up a couple of sets of gear with cheap rope , chain and a Diy anchor, So its not so hurtful when you have to cut it free. I think the best thing, would be to get my own scuba gear, there must be loads of spare anchors hanging about around the Gower coast ready for the picking.

Cheers Steve

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
hi fishy

when ever my dad took his dory out he would take a large empty container with him.....Just in case I managed to get the anchor snagged....he would tie the canister on the rope and go insearch of divers..... the only time i did get it snagged it had done a fig 8 oveer two rocks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts