World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bookharbour.com/chart-selector/

1. CLICK THE LINK

2. ZOOM INTO YOUR FISHING MARK GRADUALLY (KEEPING MOVING THE MARK TO THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN)

3. SWITCH TO SATELITE MODE (TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER)

THIS PROVIDES A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO LOOK AT THE FEATURES OF YOUR MARK IN FINE DETAIL.

THE SATELITE MAPS ARE CURRENT AND UP TO DATE.

LOOK FOR THE WAVE PATTERN (SHALLOW AREAS), HOLES AND DEEPER SPOTS, SANDBANKS AND GULLIES ETC.

THE GRID SQUARES ARE ABOUT 50mtrs WIDE AT FULL ZOOM. YOU CAN ACTUALLY WORK OUT WHERE YOUR CAST WILL ROUGHLY LAND.

I HAVE USED THIS FACILITY FOR YEARS NOW AND IT HAS PROVED TO BE A BRILLIANT AID IN FINDING THE MORE PRODUCTIVE PARTS OF ANY FISHING LOCATION.

I FULLY REALISE THAT THE SANDS ARE CONSTANTLY SHIFTING AND FEATURES CHANGE SLIGHTLY FROM SPRING TIDE TO SPRING TIDE. HOWEVER, THE NATURE OF TIDAL MOVEMENT CONSTANTLY ERODES SOME AREAS AND MOVES THE SAND DEPOSITING IT ON OTHERS WITH PREDICTABILITY. DEEPER AREAS AND HOLES TEND TO REMAIN ROUGHLY THE SAME BECAUSE OF THIS.

I HAVE SOME GREAT SPOTS (LOCATED FIRST USING THIS FACILITY) ALONG THE LINCOLNSHIRE COASTLINE THAT HAVE PRODUCED GOOD FISHING THAT IS FAIRLY PREDICTABLE FOR YEARS.

HERE IS ONE:

FOR THE GUY'S THAT FISH BOHEMIA POINT (SUTTON ON SEA) FOR SMOOTHOUND. MOST OF THE RODS GO TO THE RIGHT OF THE TOILET BLOCK (FACING THE SEA). THEY SAY THERE IS A DEEP CHANNEL WITHIN CASTING DISTANCE FROM A LOW WATER SPRING TIDE.

LOOK TO THE NORTH OF THIS MARK SOME 200 - 300mtrs. YOU WILL PLAINLY SEE WHY THIS IS A MUCH BETTER CHOICE...

I HAVE FOLLOWED THIS SITE AVIDLY FOR YEARS NOW AND THOUGHT IT HIGH TIME THAT I GAVE SOMETHING BACK...

LOVE LOOKING AT THE POSTS AND TRYING TO TRACK THE FISH MOVEMENTS UP AND DOWN THE COAST...

REGARDS

GARY WILSON (PIGEONMAN)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Gary

Thanks for the link, ive just been playing with it around gorleston and yarmouth, it is pretty good, but I don't think the imagery is as up to date as they would like us to think, reason for this comment is great yarmouth now has an outer harbour, immediately north of the river, all that shows on the maps is the beginings of it, whereas i think the basic construction has been there for the past 2 years.

Thanks for the link.

atb. paul

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
am i missing something or is it just google maps with a different name ?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks for the link and being open to share it. Unfortunately, it is Google maps and they are pretty old - my old car is outside my house in Wivenhoe and I sold it 6 years ago!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.