World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this will get some people's back up and probably the thread will be moved but I have to ask, If you take the time to read where someone went fishing, what bait/rigs were used, what time of day and what the tide was like ect, why cant you take the time to post a reply??????????????.
I dosen't take long to say well done/hard luck, tight lines!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone else agree or am I on my own???????????
SORRY FOR THAT RANT FELT IT HAD TO BE SAID

·
TEAM BANTER
1,484 Posts
I know this will get some people's back up and probably the thread will be moved but I have to ask, If you take the time to read where someone went fishing, what bait/rigs were used, what time of day and what the tide was like ect, why cant you take the time to post a reply??????????????.
Hard lines mate, maybe next time:thumbs:

·
Barry Lead Head
1,494 Posts
i totally agree with this thread there is far too much negativity and no replies on some very good threads which someone has bothered there arse to put up and help others. Its a shame because the south wales section has the most users you'd think that we'd all pull together but it just seems like there is too much moaning about small things, things that men should not moan about really i'd say
that there should be a moaning section where all the woman should go cheers

·
TEAM BANTER
1,484 Posts
i totally agree with this thread there is far too much negativity and no replies on some very good threads which someone has bothered there arse to put up and help others. Its a shame because the south wales section has the most users you'd think that we'd all pull together but it just seems like there is too much moaning about small things, things that men should not moan about really i'd say
that there should be a moaning section where all the woman should go cheers
I agree too, but wouldn't this post be in the moaning section lol:blink: and I cant believe this post have had 4 people read it and only 3 replies lol:bounce:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i totally agree i put up a report for a bass its the best report on the first page and i get like 3-6 replies and then i see a total load of nonsense which gets 30+ replies obviously not many people on hear like me lol but ill carry on posting when i get good fish to get on there nerves

·
Registered
419 Posts
lol you are right in what you say i have thought the same but its water of a ducks back to me whether ppl reply or not is there choice and i post for my own satisfaction and not theres if some ppl like it then its a bonus i have read many a thread and dont post be happy knowing some ppl have read it as for replies you have had a few to this thread so your on to a winner here you should just start your threads of ranting and raving and after a few replies do the "oh by the way i caught a fishy":roll1:

·
Barry Lead Head
1,494 Posts
I agree too, but wouldn't this post be in the moaning section lol:blink: and I cant believe this post have had 4 people read it and only 3 replies lol:bounce:
are we moaning now ? Or are we discussing a relevant point. Lol. Maybe its why youngsters in general dont post many pics because there embarrassed about the small catches they have. I remember winter just gone when someone would post up a pic of a whitin or no pic at all or just write up about a blank, however the support was there it was like one big fishing club with friendly banter, now its just who has best gear or furthest cast or best rig not so many catch reports tho and when a decent report pops up in a dry spell one or two replies and thats it.
I boil it down to certain adults not being able to catch fish despite there efforts and help from forums and members hence why there is so much jealousy against others and there efforts.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
i totally agree i put up a report for a bass its the best report on the first page and i get like 3-6 replies and then i see a total load of nonsense which gets 30+ replies obviously not many people on hear like me lol but ill carry on posting when i get good fish to get on there nerves
Putting up a "Fish of the Month Prize" then? maybe the rest of the people on "the front page" dont agree that your bass report is the "best", it would be a boring forum if we all thought the same, & said "tight lines mate", "tidy session that", etc, etc, etc, :yawn:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Pair up with someone on this forum. Get them to comment on all your reports and you return the favour. Keep replying for a few days and you end up with more views lol! Well, it seemed to work for me and Sanchez the other day. :kissing: Team Chatter certainly do it. :group:

·
Premium Member
39,498 Posts
A lot depends on the post.

"I caught a 6lb bass last night "
Is hardly inspiring and when I see them I often think is this a windup?

But if a report goes up with a bit of detail, a pic or two and some banter making it a good read then you will see lots of replies.

Quality of post and I am not talking spelling or gramma just a bit of jazz will do, make it interesting.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Had a bad day Chris? :roll1:

Pair up with someone on this forum. Get them to comment on all your reports and you return the favour. Keep replying for a few days and you end up with more views lol! Well, it seemed to work for me and Sanchez the other day. :kissing: Team Chatter certainly do it. :group:
Comment buddies now are we Mr Waters? lol
I can live with that:kissing: :roll1:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Have noticed that some people get replies and advise where others struggle to get reply at all unless there are Bass or Cod mentioned then it where this where that.

·
Registered
409 Posts
as far as i,m concerned if people read what i post or if they don,t i,m not bothered but if 1 person reads it and it helps them without leaving fead back then thats what this forum is all about. helping others i have left fead back on here with very little response so what just carry on.

·
Team Rig Maker
19,827 Posts
chatter reports normally have quite a bit of pi$$ taking in them, and fair play to some of the guys they drive long distances to fish, brickie on Sat drove around 4 hrs to reach the mark, fished for around 6 hrs then drove 4 hrs again, and we have a good crac, and a lot of our reports have good detail in them about the mark, and pictures can also give a lot of info if you study them, from the bait being used to types of rigs, trace lengths etc

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
usually I see 5 types of posts on here

1. informative whether its good or bad

2.banter just for fun when things are slow

3 incitive /wind up

4.bragging (the im better than you lot post)

5. the give me a pat on the back post

I will usually comment/commend the first 2 and sometimes comment on the third if (if mods don't delete me lol.)
but the forth I ignore
and the fifth should pm his mates and revel in their worship
unfortunately you don't know what a post is until you open it

just my opinion though

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Had a bad day Chris? :roll1:

Comment buddies now are we Mr Waters? lol
I can live with that:kissing: :roll1:
Haha! I will try to post a 'well done' on the reports in future. Despite what Blueskip says, it isn't going to do any harm. :clap3:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts