World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used a site called Fishingtackle24 ? If you google it all as 1 word it comes up 1st on your searches. The site is in German but can be changed to English.
They have some incredible prices but I'd prefer to here of somebody who successfully used them before I part with credit card details?

Thanks lads
Colm

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hope I don't sound funny Colm, but what in particular are you looking at buying? in general I don't think they actually look that cheap (unless you're after DAM stuff etc - which is generally only sold in that part of the world these days)?... May be able to point you in the direction of cheaper?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No probs, I was looking at a shimano twinpower 4000fc. they do it for 209 euros which looks like brilliant value and for about 30 euro will deliver it to Ireland.
If you can see it cheaper please let mw know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have a look at Summerlands tackle shop mate, I think they do it for £207 pounds, is worth the hassle getting it from Germany?

·
Registered
555 Posts
That is a very good price they have for the Twin power then. Not seen much that even gets close to it :thumbs:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what I though BJF, I couldn't believe the price but it's up there in black and white.
Does anybody know if you can get the same reel (twinpower) but built in different countires and therefore built with superior/inferior materials?
The reason I ask is that I spoke with 1 place about this reel and they made a big play on the fact that the shimano twinpower they sold was made in Japan? Are all shimano's not made in Japan? If they are not then are 'non japan' shimano reels inferior in build? I'm a bit confused :unsure:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thats what I though BJF, I couldn't believe the price but it's up there in black and white.
Does anybody know if you can get the same reel (twinpower) but built in different countires and therefore built with superior/inferior materials?
The reason I ask is that I spoke with 1 place about this reel and they made a big play on the fact that the shimano twinpower they sold was made in Japan? Are all shimano's not made in Japan? If they are not then are 'non japan' shimano reels inferior in build? I'm a bit confused :unsure:

Most lower and medium market Shimano reels are built in Malaysia, but the high-end reels are still predominantly built in Japan.

There can indeed be differences between Japanese market edition reels and the ones that are meant for the rest of the world. Some, not all though, Japanese editions tend to be built with more and better bearings and the use of lighter materials such as aluminium in gears, and so on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts