World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may sound like a dumb question but planning on trying ferrybridge sat nite i no i have to park at the visitors centre and walk from there but how do i no when im fishing the bit of beach they call ferrybridge?

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Don't want to p*ss on your bonfire Marcus but XC-Weather http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ has S/SW winds 24 - 26mph from mid afternoon Saturday through into the early hours of Sunday before easing Sunday late morning.

I was planning to head to Ferrybridge for Saturday night myself but with winds like that I fear Chesil may be a tad on the dangerous side to fish this weekend:unsure:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Is there a particular mark you're after? The whole stretch is known as ferrybridge. Further east the next well known spot is the checkpoint and to the west is the bridging camp. Around the area of the car park you have the wrecks of the adelaide and landing craft.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Don't want to p*ss on your bonfire Marcus but XC-Weather http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ has S/SW winds 24 - 26mph from mid afternoon Saturday through into the early hours of Sunday before easing Sunday late morning.

I was planning to head to Ferrybridge for Saturday night myself but with winds like that I fear Chesil may be a tad on the dangerous side to fish this weekend:unsure:
Very good point, didn't spot that nasty weather coming in.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
should be ok to fish if a little difficult to cast,summer lows seldom have the same power as those of winter atlantic storms,most bad weather that hits the beach's has been building up for weeks far out at sea,provided you stay on the side of 'common sense' you ought to be ok.:blink:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for the help guys think im gonna try and brave it but if it is real bad is there any more sheltered marks nearby? as its a 2 1/2 hour drive to get there?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
thanx for the help guys think im gonna try and brave it but if it is real bad is there any more sheltered marks nearby? as its a 2 1/2 hour drive to get there?
How do you think I feel , I drove 6 and a half hrs to get here on Sunday and had a fishing trip arranged for Tuesday . It was blowing a HOOLY , the sea was as rough as F**k , however there was mackeral .But that was during the day . There was a bit more but I'll leave that to the angler wh done the catching to report his story :thumbs::clap3:

Hope Friday morning is better .

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Despite what JTK says if the wind does what is forecast sat eve then stay away. He may well be right but chesil in a big sea is not a place for people not familiar with the beach (and from your post I assume you are not?).

Beside the obvious danger is will likely be weeded out in a stong SW and this make fishing a nightmare anyway. Find somewhere more sheltered

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
i would wait until friday for the latest forcast...xc weather is not the best imo as they are often inaccurate...try this link,i find they are pretty close most times and looking at it chesil may well be a no-go,try swanage
http://magicseaweed.com/UK-Ireland-MSW-Surf-Charts/1/

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i fished chesil abbotsbury, cogden and chesil cove quite a few times and in some rough weather and would feel pretty comfy fishing in sats weather although theres a limiting factor that someone new to the sport is now coming with me so think ill try and find an easterly facing beach bit closer to home i got a few in mind!! thanx for the help tho guys!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts