World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Fished Abbotsbury from 15:00 - 0300 yesterday and this morning.

Bit of a nightmare start before the fishing started as ordered a load of wraps from the tackle shop, with cod on the mind, but they weren't delivered to the shop so after waiting for well over an hour made a call and got some blow lug from Weymouth Angling.

So...up onto the shingle and met by quite a few anglers and tinsel tossers...a walk would be needed but it was planned anyway...much to the disappointment of my fishing buddy as he would have preferred up and over the boardwalk!

Sea was flat and clear...so wasn't holding much hope...but you never know, chesil can always put a smile on your face when you least expect it!

Quick breather after the walk, lines in the water about 15:00...had a quick chuck for some mackerel and quickly had a handful for bait...albeit only small but added to the lug, frozen blacks, squid and cuttle that I already had. Did have some huge ones later in on that took lug/squid on the drop!

First fish of the day came on only the second cast which resulted in a nice size black bream and my fishing buddy had a lovely little undulate about 40yds out. As soon as the sun started to set all hell broke out and it was fish after fish for the rest of the evening/morning...not much s close in though so did much better that my mate who has limited casting range.

For the duration of the session I had one rod with big bait intended for cod but wasn't feeling very optimistic giving the conditions. I've faired quite well at dungeness in the past with lug and cuttle so decided to give it a go on a 4/0 penned pully dropper. After about 15 minutes of the bait being in the water...bang bang, slack line...FISH ON! Up the shingle comes a lovely condition codling that went 4lb 10oz on the scales...absolutely ecstatic...I'm sure the whole beach must have heard me!

So, was an absolute cracking night for me...7 species in total...codling, black bream, strap conger (lost count how many, buts loads of the rig trashing little buggers), loads of dogs, pout, smoothie, mackerel.

Chesil lives up to my expectations once again...roll on the next time.

IMG_0841.JPG

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well done mate, we were at the bird sanctuary, and should have stayed at home!!! 6pm til 2am for 3 pout and one strap, the joys of chesil lol

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done mate, we were at the bird sanctuary, and should have stayed at home!!! 6pm til 2am for 3 pout and one strap, the joys of chesil lol
Was up by the teeth mate...literally a fish a cast when got dark. That's chesil though mate...every session is different,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts