World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fished chesil recently? if so how did you get on?

I fished it a couple of weeks ago at West bexington, me and a friend of mine managed 10 dogs, 28 whiting, loads of poor cod and 5 sole! thoughout the session we both had 1 rod with cod baits at varried distances with no bites until my last cast of the night. I managed to catch my first ever cod at 15lb 12oz!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
how the hell did you manage to cacth all those fish on your last cast?
if you could show me how to do that then you would be my hero and it would be worth running the gauntlet of the chesil ghost. will i need an empty dustbin or shall i take my catch up to the car one at a time? :confused:

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
so now we finally have the answer to that most common of questions! the mystery of the large pot holes found along chesil beach. these are of course tail wash craters formed whilst codfather2 was test firing his cunning (and not a little dangerous) prototype casting method. as this has obviously prooved successfull, i am now in a possition to start supplying large off road wheely bins for catch retrieval purposes with the option to buy or just rent for the season. i do need to point out that my new development was in the pipeline before codfather2 (ALL HAIL THE CODFATHER) and am therefore not infringing on any copywrite. finally, just two questions.
1 does this new casting mechanism need licensing?
2 could this be the reason behind the the lack of fish on chesil?
answers on a post card to the

COULD WE USE THIS OFF THE ICELANDIC COAST COMP PO BOX 32
BRIGHT IDEAS CORP :D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will let you in on my secret.............................. in fact if you read it carefully you might realise that only the cod was caught on the last cast and that i acctually said that there were no bites on the cod baits all night. i didnt catch all those fish, it was between the two of us and we did fish from mid day to 11.00. oh and just for the record i am not the type who kills all the fish i catch if thats what you meant! only 2 sole were kept for the table and the cod was released

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry codfather2 didnt means to offend just a little jest about the 43 hooks,as im sitting infront of the pc bored looking out over chesil,feeling jellous as my rods have not seen the sea yet.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
the answer to the question is as follows
the crafty cunning milk thief does not exist, this debacle was caused by a mental health worker who coughs like bob fleming off the fast show and got confused due to too many mind changing training courses.
this confusion was , and still is a weakness on his part as i did exactly the same courses and as you can plainly see they did me no harm whatsoever did they did they, despite my lack of parental guidance :confused:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Folks,

Over the years we hear so many fishy stories in more ways than one, when we tell these tall stories, the only person that we lie to is ourselves. No matter what we say, without a picture, it is all a Tall Story.

The moral of this story is: Always take a camera and take a picture.

Mike! when and how will we be allowed to show our catches?

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats ok, no offence taken. i agree with you as i've not seen any decent fish from chesil recenly either! all thoses fish were taken last november when bexi was fishing its head off. should start to pick up soon though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts