World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, thanks to bluetooth1989 and fishdorset for the cracking report and the bait info.

Just on holiday in this neck of the woods and I've arrived back at my luxurious tent with tomorrow's lunch - 3 1/2lb of prime dorset spikey! Caught at 11.15pm so almost 2 hours into the ebb on whole squid mounted on a 5/0 hook. The worst thing is that I wasn't expecting too much so fished another rod and missed 2 great takes (one whilst unhooking a dogfish). Also had another which did connect but managed to shake the hook in the surf. Also caught a few pout, a poor cod, a large 3 bearded rockling, 2 doggies and a sea scorpion - Chesil did not disappoint.

When I gutted the Bass I got my biggest surprise which was that the stomach was full of one food stuff....

...SQUID! So, having been put out not to have seen any schoals of Mackerel yet I recken squid may just have the edge at the moment. I, for one, will be there again soon with a box of celaphods, a running paternoster, small grip leads, and this time only one light rod which will stay firmly in my hand.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Nice going m8.
Glad you hooked into some fish.
Chesil does have its ups and downs but at the moment its on the up.
If I can be any further help, send me a pm.

·
Registered
285 Posts
hey, no probs mate :) glad to be of assistance. big question is though, was it 15 yards out? :p lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Blimey that's a good catch report. The best I've seen for that mark in a long time. Bloomin' Grockles:dry::

Cheers:clap2::clap2:

SirBlanksAlot

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Nice report ,

·
Registered
194 Posts
good catch m8 well done, I'll be bashing out the squid soon.
where about on the bank where u dragons teeth??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now back from holiday and have to say that it was a thoroughly good experience. Where was I? Fished in Chesil Cove (love the free parking) about 100yds before the pub. Good luck to all as the tides get better this week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts