World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's,
Off to Chesil Beach soon can anyone advise on bait selection. I tend use mackerel strip and sand eal for everything due to the fact i live far from the coast and can usually get mackerel from our local supermarket.
Also is it worth fishing from the stretch of beach directly in front of the car park as i am am a bit restricted to walking any distance over those pebbles due five year old son and lazy dog!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey mate,

Used to fish chesil stretch alot. Bait selection depends really (in my experience) on what time you will be fishing? (day = rag + squid for me) and what species you are after. Mack & S/eel cocktail will pick up doggie after doggie along the stretch, and possibly any rays that are flying around. Another bait worth trying is peeler - smoothounds should be cruising down there at the moment and peeler is simply there heaven - though last year I got most of mine down there on rag oddly enough. Other usuals - rag & Squid a whole squid mounted on a paternoster (can use leger if calm, but if rough, the weed will just cause a nightmare with your snood) can produce interesting results - likewise a mackeral flapper / head is always worth a go for some conger and larger rays.
With refference to where to fish..not sure what carpark you mean, if you mean abbotsbury yea, just go straight over the wooden platform and fish (if you can find a space amougnst the featherer's) the walk to dragons teeth (far left) has never really come up trumps for me. West bexy same, just try and slot in. Though at this time of yea, id really try and head for ferrybridge, with a turn of tide at about 1am, fishing a few hours either side of high or low.

Best of luck mate and let us know how you get on. Your best bet would be to post this in the south forums though, the regulars down there would probably say all i've said is wrong! as i said, just what i've found myself....not saying it's the right way..

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts