World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off down chesil in a couple of weeks just wondering how the place is fishing?Looking at going between the dragons teeth and west bexington?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi ryeice,

West Bexington, Cogden and Burton Bradstock are fishing ok. Its a bit on and off because of the weather. There have been a few Plaice caught on the good days at range. I went to the Ferrybridge section last Friday and had a great session. I had seven different species including some sizable spotted rats. The good news is that the smuts are in. I had a couple of starrys on live peeler. The smuts weren't big but they are a welcome sight. The odd few mackeral are showing aswell. I had one grab a bare hook with bling on the snood. The bad news is that the spiders are in in numbers. If they are causing you some grief, try checking the bait more frequently or try braid for your snoods. If you try popping the bait up all you get is poor cod or pout and the crabs just sit underneath the bait and tug the snood down. You can tell this because of the series of flat spots on the snood. Mind you, I have learnt a couple of different ways of cooking spider crabs and they taste better than normal crabs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts