World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
&

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I do to increase the chances of catching a 'fish' from chesil beach (during daylight hours)? I've made four single hook rigs (tied down) and a 'long and low' following Mike Thrussell's guidelines. Tried Ragworm from Burton Bradstock, lost a bit of lead but it were a bit choppy but Mike said this should be O.K! (Do you get the impression I find Mike's articles helpful)? Finally.....Anything to consider when thinking of making a homemade rod rest? Cheers. "Mature Student"! A.K.A. Tony. :blink:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Tony,

In answer to your question; Make sure it stands up to the job for which it was made.

In all seriousness it is cheaper to buy one. Unless you have the materials to hand, by the time you purchase the aluminium etc. plus all the other bits and pieces and time involved, it is just as cheap to buy.

Please let me know how you you get on?

Cheers

Drew

&

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the way I was brought up! Money was tight so it was always a case of M.I.Y. (make it yourself) But I'll let you know how I get on. Off to Shepton Mallet tomorrow for a shufti and to buy! some ally to make fishing lead moulds. Cheers, Tony.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts