World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope i'm in the right bit here, but anyway, I will be heading off to Chesil beach in about 2 weeks for a couple of days/nights.
Just looking for any advice, never been there before, so a whereabouts on the beach, wheres snaggy, wheres not so snaggy, baits, rigs, best times. Is it fishable on all states of a tide? from low all the way up to high?

Liturally ANY advice would be great :)

Cheers guys!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks mate!
How do i move it?

Mods can you move it to the south coast forumns please!!! if you see this!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi there mate if you are going to fish chesil then at the moment the gas tanks just past ferrybridge is fishing really wel however if you are going down on the ^th try to avoid it as the army league are fishing a match that night. Also there is always abbotsbury not snaggy and god fishing in that area, when you walk onto the beach follow the walkway until it finshes and then go to the left. baits to use are black lug, peeler, squid, and rag.if you can wack a lead then do so, and good luck. Let me know how you get on plz

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a bunch mate! :)

I shall definately let you know how I get on, will put up some picture too, and I'm just going on chesil beach itself, when you say Ferrybridge, and gas tanks, I liturally have no idea what your going on about! haha, I just know it as a big long chesil beach, so in simpler terms, left of the beach right or centre would you reckon? I'm far from that area so I have now idea where the other place you mentioned is. Thanks for your reply though, apart form my lack of knowledge, it was very helpful! :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
chesil is about 21 miles long and abbo is in the middle, the gas tanks are no more, they have been replaced by osprey quay and it is on the road from weymouth to portland , park buy the roundabout walk back toward wey and fish.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Hi there mate if you are going to fish chesil then at the moment the gas tanks just past ferrybridge is fishing really wel however if you are going down on the ^th try to avoid it as the army league are fishing a match that night. Also there is always abbotsbury not snaggy and god fishing in that area, when you walk onto the beach follow the walkway until it finshes and then go to the left. baits to use are black lug, peeler, squid, and rag.if you can wack a lead then do so, and good luck. Let me know how you get on plz
How many are fishing that night?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
21 miles long? oh my god, I wasn't expecting that, jesus, there must be a ton of places ot fish, wow, you would not believe how shocked I am, in a bad way too, I know NOTHING about the place.

So on the way from weymouth to portland ther eis a roundabout? and where do you park? name of the roundabout if there is one? Im so confused :/

·
Registered
230 Posts
Chesil fishes all the way through, just be prepared to swap and change tactics. Eveningsi like big baiits at distance, but always have one close for the roving bass. Daytime its time to scale down or go onto Portland for a few hours wtrasse fishing! Pm me if you want more info, I'm heading down this weekend!! Good luck Mike

·
Registered
326 Posts
21 miles long? oh my god, I wasn't expecting that, jesus, there must be a ton of places ot fish, wow, you would not believe how shocked I am, in a bad way too, I know NOTHING about the place.

So on the way from weymouth to portland ther eis a roundabout? and where do you park? name of the roundabout if there is one? Im so confused :/
Confused-you and me both mate. I've been wanting to fish Chesil for a while now, but I haven't got a scooby doo where to start!

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
I fished Chesil this weekend, 1pm untill 8pm. Only the 1 bass but my personal best @ 3.5lbs. My mate caught a mackerel on a rag worm whilst reeling in. Quality day and clear blue sky.

·
Registered
10 Posts
if it helps fished abbotsbury 2wks ago saturday evening till sunday afternoon plenty of pouting off rag. mid distance (i think was dark lol) more dogs than u can handle of makkie strips some thing that fell of me hook in the surf so guess that dont count. the makks were out at range sunday afternoon but biteing well didnt take long to fill the cool box. Ohh and dnt forget to check out the other post theres talk of rouge tuna of portland. now wouldnt that be some thing lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts