World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
camped at chesil with cm10 and his son, nige (chris's mate) and my son, joshy last night. great fun was had. fishing was pretty dire with lots of pout, poor cod and i had a new species - a horse mackerel! spikey little blighters too lol! photos in the next reply.
had a go at feathering this morning, after getting up at 5.20am.:crazy: my son wanted to use his floppy rod rather than my flattie. so while changing over the gear, i dropped the set of feathers down, but the 1oz weight somehow decided to pull one hook into my finger. ouch, a bit lol! called chris cm10 over, and between his and my son's advice of pull it back out, then push it all the way through, then open up the wound with my filleting knife, i eventually had to lie down. and then passed out lol! very odd feeling. :wacko:

drove all the way home with it because i didn't fancy an english hozzy lol! chris said they would give me an injection, cut it off, then push through and create a new wound. fine, i thought. all under local anaesthetic. mmm... not so. in caerphilly minors hospital, the oriental doctor man wasn't having the pussy's approach. he tied some line to the hook, then placed a biro under it to disengage the barb. then, yank!!

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Nice report and pics there Steve, even the one where you hooked yrself....ouch. I did it a couple weeks ago, wasnt in too deep, but was in thumb just past the barb, pushing it through was the most painful option...so I just pulled it out :bb:

·
Team Keens
2,386 Posts
Cracking Report budd. Semms to be a lot of people of late getting Hooks ion the fingers. Lmao. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
That you didn't have a biro between you down at Chesil, what were you using to mark the homework Privet?
Nasty that though Steve:oops: I'm suprised you didn't do the "oriental operation" yourself though, its a well known "first aid" tip for anglers, & if you have a sociopathic angling companion,:whistling: no problem!:laugh:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol!! i told you witches have been viewing this site, casting their evil spells on us.
and everyone i have told about this, they have all replied, "now you know how the fish feel."

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Ouch steve, didn't the same thing happen to chris (cm10) a few weeks ago? i think you should both buy yourselves some barbless hooks in case of mis-haps...

Anyway, great report and pics, and well done for being able to drive back to sunny caerphilly to get the offending object removed,, Tight 'uns,, Marc..:punk:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ouch steve, didn't the same thing happen to chris (cm10) a few weeks ago? i think you should both buy yourselves some barbless hooks in case of mis-haps...

Anyway, great report and pics, and well done for being able to drive back to sunny caerphilly to get the offending object removed,, Tight 'uns,, Marc..:punk:
yes it did happen to chris; that's why i believed him about how to remove it lol! i think he was just fed up of me acting like a big wuss lol! fair play to everyone though. they all helped with the carrying of my stuff, and my lad found it all rather amusing, the gimp. :boxing::sneaky2:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Welcome to the hook extraction society Steve, I told you you'd be better off going to the Gwent.
I bet you look at our trip with reverance and dread.
Fantastic pictures and report Steve,the pics I took were pretty much the same, at least the weather was on our side and the venue was fantastic,
We'll prob do an Autumn trip if you can face it.
Glad you got your finger sorted in the end.
Tell your local hospital to get some anaesetic in,
Best wishes, Chris

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the hook extraction society Steve, I told you you'd be better off going to the Gwent.
I bet you look at our trip with reverance and dread.
Fantastic pictures and report Steve,the pics I took were pretty much the same, at least the weather was on our side and the venue was fantastic,
We'll prob do an Autumn trip if you can face it.
Glad you got your finger sorted in the end.
Tell your local hospital to get some anaesetic in,
Best wishes, Chris
lol! at least i was driving home thinking, "this'll be a piece of cake to get out." :headhurt: autumn camping - might have to see about that one lol! thanks for the offer. :drunk: had a great time, and josh wants to go again, but next time with no camp stove, no food, no air bed, either catch or starve. i dare say i might leave him home if i do it again lol!! :help:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts