World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been a few years since I was on here as had an extended break from fishing.

Got back into it recently with my 2 sons and planning a trip to Chesil, in particular the Ferrybridge area, this week.

Just wondered if anyone can advise of the current state of affairs down there... Any issues with tents & campers like Abbotsbury and more importantly, how is it fishing.

Will be going either Tues, weds & Thurs and only available time will be 10am to 7pm.. Will prob take the usual rag, lug, squid & mackerel bait but what rigs are best there?

Thanks in advance,

Reactions: Trampster1922

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Hi all,

Been a few years since I was on here as had an extended break from fishing.

Got back into it recently with my 2 sons and planning a trip to Chesil, in particular the Ferrybridge area, this week.

Just wondered if anyone can advise of the current state of affairs down there... Any issues with tents & campers like Abbotsbury and more importantly, how is it fishing.

Will be going either Tues, weds & Thurs and only available time will be 10am to 7pm.. Will prob take the usual rag, lug, squid & mackerel bait but what rigs are best there?

Thanks in advance,
Cought this at the cove this morning
IMG-20200815-WA0002.jpg

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Walk up to the bird Sanctuary get away from fluffers recently fish two 24 hr comps up there plenty of gurnard bream mackerel garfish in daylight if churning up good chance of hounds big pout straps and the odd ray at night best rig on those occasions was pully rig and if can get some fresh blacks a major plus

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Walk up to the bird Sanctuary get away from fluffers recently fish two 24 hr comps up there plenty of gurnard bream mackerel garfish in daylight if churning up good chance of hounds big pout straps and the odd ray at night best rig on those occasions was pully rig and if can get some fresh blacks a major plus
Cheers, looks like it's now going to be a late night/early morning on Tuesday now so fingers crossed for a reasonable night. Was a bit of a struggle getting hold of decent amount of bait but managed to get a good load of rag & lug along with the frozen squid & mackerel.

Is it much of a walk from the car park to the bird sanctuary?

Reactions: Trampster1922

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Cheers, looks like it's now going to be a late night/early morning on Tuesday now so fingers crossed for a reasonable night. Was a bit of a struggle getting hold of decent amount of bait but managed to get a good load of rag & lug along with the frozen squid & mackerel.

Is it much of a walk from the car park to the bird sanctuary?
No get across the bridge hang a direct right walk along the bottem across a mixture of grass and shingle keep going till you get to a fence then walk up the planks on the deck once at the top pick your spot the further you walk the better fish your likely to catch hard graft if your doing an all nighter with all the kit but Worth the effort Imo

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Good luck down there and hope you do better than I have recently, The last few weeks have been dismal to say the least but one good fish makes it a good trip .One thing I will say is fresh Mackerel seems to be the bait at the moment, The last 4 Rays I've caught all came to fresh Mackerel so keep at it will the feathers.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Should be some specimen bream about atm, trigger fish, cod, rays, bass, eels, gurnard, red mullet, you name it....
I'd definitely head for the eastern end to avoid the invasion.
Ferrybridge and walk west for as long as you can!!!
Keep an eye on the weather as it's kicking up at the end of the week! If it's rough, definitely worth a trip to Abbo for cod

·
Registered
300 Posts
Should be some specimen bream about atm, trigger fish, cod, rays, bass, eels, gurnard, red mullet, you name it....
I'd definitely head for the eastern end to avoid the invasion.
Ferrybridge and walk west for as long as you can!!!
Keep an eye on the weather as it's kicking up at the end of the week! If it's rough, definitely worth a trip to Abbo for cod
Thats my exact thoughts ! nice big tide as well

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
I like Ferry Bridge end, but like a lot of anglers I can just about climb the bank from the car park so sod walking any distance from there, I go fishing for fun not for a heart attack :(

Maybe time to invest in Quad Bikes :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts