World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this has nothing to do with fishing but has anyone seen the chesil ghost i see there is a photo on anglers gallery but it wont open up i'm just interested thats all as i have many unexplainable photos.

Okay on fishing matters, i will be down chesil friday night high tide i think is 10 pm i always fished by the nature reserve and it really never let me down does anyone know what chesil cove is like never really see people fishing there. i caught my first bream down chesil last year which made a change from the doggies i believe i was near the landing craft going by a photo on a site regarding chesil.

So if you see a ghosty fishing with rod in hand don't be afraid its just little old me trying to spook the fish on to my hook.

Anyone around Frome somerset area :)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
hello ghosty, the photo is on the gallery so it should come up. if you fancy going down to cogden on the fri/sat i will meet up with you. i caught som lovely smoothies there a couple of weeks ago but i am now obsessed with catching a bass and i know one forum member had a 6.5lb there on the same night. it would be nice to get some advice face to face and i will tell you how to avoid a spooky run in with our ectoplasm covered friend :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not afraid of no ghost... i fish for those too, But on a serious note Ian i will be down there, i'll leave my house at 5 and should get there about 7 high tide is 10pm. I'll be happy to catch anything of a decent size a bass would be great as i haven't yet caught one. Fishing for me is if and when i can get there so to date haven't really caught anything that great only a black bream last year, well apart from the norm like doggies pout i did manage a catch a 4lb coddling at ladye bay a few years back but stopped fishing due to family commitments. i live some 65 miles from chesil but hope to make it there at least twice a month.

I'll let you know more in the week and yes it would be nice to meet sometimes it's nice to fish with someone else rather than fish and talk to ones self LOL

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey ghosty,

I was aranging to go down and meet up with codfather2 on Friday on a different thread then came across this. I am in Warminster so if you want a lift no prob chesil seams so much closer when there's somebody in the car to talk too! Going to go up to Veals on Friday to pick up bait.

Ian why Cogden on Fri do you know somthing I don't I was going to try at dragons teeth for some Bass / Turbot?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Garry you only live 20-30 or so minutes from me, dam there's some nice people about very kind of you to offer a lift. Ian i have your number also. it would be nice to meet and learn as i only really know the basics but hey don't let that put you off lol.... i got 4 years till i hit the big 40 but i can still hold my own hehehe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts