World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just stumbled across these forums by accident.....and got stuck here for hours. :D . I'm looking for some advice on fishing Chesil - I used to fish it around a dozen times a year and have so far failed to catch anything of note. As luck would have it, I now have accomodation near Eype, and so will be able to concentrate my efforts a bit more. Being based in Birmingham, a lot of time was spent practicing casting, and in my prime I was capable of 230+ yards. I lost the urge for casting some years back, but have got the fishing bug again. Can anyone guide me in tackle and tactics for bumping up the catch rate a bit?

From reading some of the other threads I have a feeling that always aiming at the horizon may have been utterly the wrong tactic...... I'm looking at day sessions as well as night, and would love to catch just about anything that isn't a pouting!!!

Thanks, and well done on a cracking site.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
landlocked, codfather2 is the man to ask as he knows a hell of a lot about chesil.
i you come down this way i will go for a few hours if you let me know when. oh, and i am very sorry you live in birmingham. :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent. In all the time I've fished Chesil, I've only managed one or two bumper sessions of doggies at night- otherwise it's been pouting at night, and bugger all during the day (except mackerel, bless 'em)

A bit of coaching would go a long way - thanks. :)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
no problem, i don't know that much but i have got the basics, when do you want to go. i'm on chesil with pincher fri night so if you fancy that i,ll sort the bait out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
won't be down this week, unfortunately - where do you normally go? I bet half the battle is picking the right spot.......

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
half the battle is sqeazing in somewhere but cogden is a good bet as it's a gentle stroll 700m to the beach and it's never really busy. anytime you want really :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts