World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all a I am looking for some local knowledge,which is the best place to fish at the moment,there are a group of us travelling from Wales so have no idea which is the best place at the moment.Chesil or Bexington I did speak to a chap recently and he said that Bexington is the place to go as theres alot more species of fish.We were originally going to Chesil, Dragons teeth but when I was told about Bexington we are now undecided so would much appreciate your help thanks.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
chesil beach is 17 miles long and bexington is part of chesil beach, as is cogden, abbotsbury, ferrybridge, cove, checkpoint.

if i just say chesil then take your pick of 17 miles :icecream:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Dean for your reply,Dragons teeth was the place we planned to go,but spoke to this guy who fishes Bexington and reckons its was a better place to fish this why I'm asking for some feedback thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
Further west you go the sandier and shallower it gets with more flatties with late plaice and odd sole. Dogs everywhere. Bigger whiting on bigger squid or fish baits. Further east you go towards Ferry the deeper water is closer in and not such a big cast is needed to find the odd codling. For good results anywhere a decent cast is needed as I consider it generally a distance casting beach for a better stamp of fishes :)
At the deeper end 60 yards may find a lucky codling at the states of tide they feed.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Further west you go the sandier and shallower it gets with more flatties with late plaice and odd sole. Dogs everywhere. Bigger whiting on bigger squid or fish baits. Further east you go towards Ferry the deeper water is closer in and not such a big cast is needed to find the odd codling. For good results anywhere a decent cast is needed as I consider it generally a distance casting beach for a better stamp of fishes :)
At the deeper end 60 yards may find a lucky codling at the states of tide they feed.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It's been well summarised by Blankski. Chesil is no magical beach you can just turn up and pull fish from. All parts of it has it's day. Nobody can say a certain place is going to be fishing well tomorrow. What's hot one day is cold the next.
Just think about what type of beach will suit the people fishing in your group. Then go and enjoy our beautiful coastline. If you catch, it's a bonus!
Most people use Lugworm, Ragworm, Peeler crab and squid. And of course cocktails of these.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the info much appreciated,we are looking forward to the trip, and lets hope we get rewarded with some decent catches, if not that's the way the cookie crumbles as they say but no doubt we will still enjoy the break thanks all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.