World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three members of DAB fished Chesil last night and had between us, about 60 dogfish but also had Pollock, Flounder, Codling, and a Launce! Plenty of Mackeral showing dusk and dawn. There seems plenty about for the forthcoming Inter County Comp with SAS & HHAC.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Good stuff, sounds like a nice trip out. Is there any weed around at the moment?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not where we where but the wind was just turning easterly to south easterly, swell starting to build this morning - this will stir things up a little bit!

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
good bit of fishing still going on then:) .thought about chesil last night but went elsewhere cos i thought i was'nt fishing too well.....doh:)

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Three members of DAB fished Chesil last night and had between us, about 60 dogfish but also had Pollock, Flounder, Codling, and a Launce! Plenty of Mackeral showing dusk and dawn. There seems plenty about for the forthcoming Inter County Comp with SAS & HHAC.
How does it fish on the snmaller tides, which I think we have next weekend Andy?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure about Bexi to be honest! There will be plenty of dogfish regardless!

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
I'm not sure about Bexi to be honest! There will be plenty of dogfish regardless!

thought this was supposed to be a plaice meet:unsure: ....which thinking about it will probably means plenty of doggies:)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're right Blankerman - ideally there would be enough plaice around to keep everyone happy but the doggies will feature heavily in the results I suspect - if the crabs don't get ya first!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Great session. The dogs drove us all mad on friday evening and we gave up on fishing around midnight. Up at 4.30 to a different story. We had a great variety of fish in a short morning session until all went quiet around 9.00am. I was well pleased with my flounder to add to my species list, caught on tinsel feathers to my suprise. Nice haul of mackerel for tea and to use as bait for Saturday ended a perfect session, apart from Ian doing his best to make us all sea sick with his merry go round rowing :boat:

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Bit of a hairy trip back over the fleet! Lockstock thought we were going to capsize!
The fishing was pretty good, well done Andy for the codling and Launce, and Rcamileri with his Flounder, well done me for losing all my shocks and putting a birdy in my Abu alnighters are the best fishing you can get (must remember to makle myself stay awake next time.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Ian obviously went for the fishing, whereas all the others if you go by past posts went for the CRACK. LOL.

Ian, thanks for the intro to Phil. Report posted in the Boat Section.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bit of a hairy trip back over the fleet! Lockstock thought we were going to capsize!
The fishing was pretty good, well done Andy for the codling and Launce, and Rcamileri with his Flounder, well done me for losing all my shocks and putting a birdy in my Abu alnighters are the best fishing you can get (must remember to makle myself stay awake next time.
If capsizing is when the boat goes upside down then I can confirm that I thought we were going to capsize. I have found your next vessel in U-Boat Trader - I'll send you a link (or should that be sink!). :boat: :boat:

·
Registered
258 Posts
i fished a match at bexi last night, plenty of dogs about and spider crabs. a few nice smutts starry and common were landed. best 6lb

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Were the Smutts at distance?Was crab the killer bait?Were the Spiders starting to peel?...Rob me ole m8ty are you going nxt weekend?

cheers
MrB

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Here we go Henry. Looks like I'll have to be giving you crabs again.......

Well if there're anything like the last lot I got from you, medical opinion will write it up in the Lancet. :yucky: :yucky:

Any chance of some for Orford?

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Well if there're anything like the last lot I got from you, medical opinion will write it up in the Lancet. :yucky: :yucky:

Any chance of some for Orford?
Absoulutely, and they wont cost you a penny, cos your such an awfully nice chap. I'm hoping to head into Essex in the morning (am currently in London Town) to rape the crab beds there. Should be heaving with them with all this sunshine.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Absoulutely, and they wont cost you a penny, cos your such an awfully nice chap. I'm hoping to head into Essex in the morning (am currently in London Town) to rape the crab beds there. Should be heaving with them with all this sunshine.
That's what worries me, I mean you can get all sorts of Crabs in London.

H

1 - 20 of 21 Posts