World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take a trip to West Bexington, Chesil Beach after reading all the good reports on the South coast forum. there were reports of Mackerel galore and plaice abounds.
Me, my mate and my son got there at about 2.30pm yesterday. I cast out 2 rods and the others likewise, not much happened so I decided to spin for mackies for half hour, no luck there.
There weren't many locals about so that spoke volumes. i next tried float fished ragworm, no luck.
Then as night fell everyone else on the beach packed up. you can imagine how I felt then.
It wasn't all bad, I ended up catching a doggie 1 1/2 lb, 2 small rockling and 2 Poor Cod and the other 2, a Rockling apiece.
There was a Cold NE wind and we had an Uncomfortable night sleeping in a tent on the beach. My missus thinks I'm mad and she's probably right.
It was a good adventure and my boy said it was a 'great crack'

·
Registered
287 Posts
the wind from the east ,north east ,south east seems to kill the fishing everywhere . don't realy no why and don't no how the fish no what way the wind blows, except for the way the waves go and why it should make such a differance to the fish .at least you didn't blank and had a good time .

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
at least you had a good time, lets hope next time you get a few more fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts