World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone fished chesil resently? or even going to fish the mighty beach? if you are i would love to know how you get on. it seems nobody has been able to fish it much in the last 2 or 3 weeks and i'm just wondering if anyone has been brave enough to get out there. i have a local club match tomorow but i reckon the weathers going to make it hard work.
cheers, john

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I've not been on Chesil recently myself as I've been fishign other marks, however, one chap on the last set of big springs managed about 6 or 7 Cod with the biggest being 23.5lb !!!!! not a bad nights fishing! Other than that its just been whiting and Pout from what I hear.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, what a catch! do you know if that was at the portland end of the beach? i know west bexington and abbotsbury have both been fish very well but havn't heard a thing about the portland end in ages. what other marks do u fish in the area if chesil isn't working for you? cheers.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The Cod were from the Dragons Teeth, as for the Portland end, it has been producing over the last week with a few Cod to 4lb that i've heard of and a superb 17lb Undulate Ray.

I've been fishing the rocks a bit recently and have had a few Pollack and Bass or if not there then we've been fishing the marks to the east of Weymouth, i.e. from Preston Beach to Redcliffe with mixed bags of Pollack, Bass, Flounder, Dogs, Whiting and a rouge Plaice.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i heard of that ray aswel... would love one myself! i tried weymouth beach at preston a few times but have never caught!!.... did you catch all those species at this venue? might give it another go if its fishing well. thanx

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi chaps,
Just thought I'd ask the same question about whats being caught at west bexy as I plan a trip this weekend (20/2/05)

Any ideas?

B

·
0 Posts
Was over at Weymouth Angling Centre today. Apparently there's some plaice the bexy end due to clearer viz, but weather picking up a bit. They said elsewhere all a bit quiet. I can confirm that ! :) Best /Izzy

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I fished Ferrybridge end last night and just got dogs.

Nice to here the Plaice have started to show at West Bexy already, pretty early this year then, lets hope its a good sign.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx for all the info on these local marks, might give em a go next week, i definetly want to try weymouth bech and get a good few fish becease i've never had any success there. i've got a club match at bexy soon and a nice plaice would'nt be half bad! does anyone else know of any other productive marks around the weymouth area? ta. john

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
black speed said:
probs gunna fish portland end soonish,wat u fink is there @ mo
a few decent cod coming from ferrybridge along with lots of whiting, poor cod, the usual doggies and the chance of conger.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Cod were from the Dragons Teeth, as for the Portland end, it has been producing over the last week with a few Cod to 4lb that i've heard of and a superb 17lb Undulate Ray.

I've been fishing the rocks a bit recently and have had a few Pollack and Bass or if not there then we've been fishing the marks to the east of Weymouth, i.e. from Preston Beach to Redcliffe with mixed bags of Pollack, Bass, Flounder, Dogs, Whiting and a rouge Plaice.
Hi all

Mike and I have just joined the site, and so been reading through some of the posts. Know this is an old one, but it brought back memories of the Ray. Mike caught the 17 lb Undulate at Chesil, Ferrybridge in January 2005, and has the Wessex record. Unfortunately neither of us has seen anything like it since :cry::
These days we are the conger hunt, and in over 3 years havnt had one off the beach, oh well its gotta happen soon :wallbash:

Lin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts