World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
If your going to fish Abbotsbury go early, cos the beach will be busy. All depends on the colour in the water. Im down at chesil cove atm, and the water was pretty clear this evening, plus its not due to blow up too much. Best bet would be to post tomorrow pate afternoon and ask what the water is like, if it's dirty u got a chance, if clear dont bother. Give u an idea I fished there Wednesday, must of been 200-300 people on the beach and only 3 cod came out.

Jim

G

·
If your going to fish Abbotsbury go early, cos the beach will be busy. All depends on the colour in the water. Im down at chesil cove atm, and the water was pretty clear this evening, plus its not due to blow up too much. Best bet would be to post tomorrow pate afternoon and ask what the water is like, if it's dirty u got a chance, if clear dont bother. Give u an idea I fished there Wednesday, must of been 200-300 people on the beach and only 3 cod came out.

Jim
quite , it alnt paved with cod , the amount of anglers there now is incredible , cant blame em i spose i went down myself not long ago , usual story for every cod catch there are 35 no shows and thats chesil for u

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Is Chesil Cove the same as Chiswell bay? ie the Portland end of the beach. If so, I have a cottage there next month and would be interested to know how it fishes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the reply,I'm gunna give it a go regardless of the weather/water I'd be happy with any species but a cod is the target and if you blank,well that's fishing!i was thinking of dragons teeth been told its deep there?

·
Registered
27 Posts

Jim
It does get a bit of a circus down there and sadly a lot of those who turn up havent really stacked in the odds in their favour which means a lot of disappointed anglers. In my experience if you bring enough quality bait (fresh crab would be my preference) and can cast a reasonable distance you will catch regularly. Turn up with frozen squid and fish and 60 yards and its going to be a struggle. Fish do get caught like this because of the nature of chesil beach but there'll be more tears than joy fishing that way........

We fished on Tuesday this week and had 2 at Abbotsbury , no one else we spoke to had any so i can vouch for what Jim is saying .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers mate really helpful,luckily I can get a good distance and may even scale down on hook size and bait size to get that bit further,was guna try dragons teeth is that out of the car park and turn left?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
yes if your going to abbotsbury and good luck

·
Registered
330 Posts
Fished Abboutsbury yesterday, about 50 others there, only one cod caught and a nice bass. The weekend is going to be very busy, get there early. West bexington is also fishing well, last night a few guys had a load of cod between them, a good second choice, maybe not as busy. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
mate when you get to car park on portland walk over beach and walk to the right its a good half hour walk or so but its is deeper up there i will be walking it myself in morning at about 6 ish

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.