World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys driving down Sunday morning to have my first time sesh at abbotsbury for the night .. The weather is not looking that good for that area .. Can you please tell me if it would be safe to fish on the high s/w winds that are forecast .. Thanks .. Wayne

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
yes it will be fine and bring as many of your countrymen as possible. set up really close to the low tide mark and don't wear a flotation suit.

only joking, i'm no chesil expert but looking at the forcast on xc it's not somewhere i'd like to be.
best give it a miss and plan for another weekend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pretty up to date wave info for chesil, i believe the buoy that provides the info is several hundred meters off the beach so take into account it will get bigger when it hits the beach. Right now showing 4,43m wave but max peaks at just under seven meters!! scroll down for wave direction as that is relevant as well

http://www.channelcoast.org/data_management/real_time_data/charts/?chart=68

good luck, there's sure to be some colour in the water

·
Registered
79 Posts
be carefull going down sunday pal, real dangerous place in those conditions, im heading down tonight to make the most of the gap :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.