World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ello, fishing chesil overnight next sat/sun for the first time. Anyone got any tips on good marks and what it's showing of late much appreciated thanks. :p

V

·
0 Posts
you could always try kev the fish or phone denning tackle or weymouth angling centre,good tackle,bait and above all honest advice!!! :D

TO STAFFORD AND JAILS TRANSPORTED THEY WERE
AS PRISONNERS OF ENGLAND THEY SOON MADE A STIR
RELEASED BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND HOME ONCE AGAIN
HE BANDED OLD COMRADES TOGETHER TO TRAIN
DAIL EIREANN ASSEMBLED OUR RIGHTS TO PROCLAIM
SUPPRESSED BY THE ENGLISH YOU'D THINK IT'S A SHAME
HOW IRELAND'S BEST AND BRAVEST WERE HARRIED AND TORN
FROM THE ARMS OF THIER LOVED ONES AND CHILDREN NEW BORN

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Pataing,

When fishing Chesil overnight watch out for the Chesil Ghosts, they watch every move you make. Be Warned!!!

Cheers

Have a pleasant evening

Drew

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Viper,

Legend has it that there are ghosts on the Chesil beach. Many anglers fishing there overnight have had some experience of them.

I am sure that some of our members will be able to tell you a bit more than I can.

I camp at Burton Bradstock quite a lot and the locals there have told me that the ghosts of those fishermen who have been drowned on the beach come back to haunt the beach.

I am sure that some one will explain a little more.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
i fish chesil all the time and have never heard of this "ghost" that you speak of, oh well i'd better keep and eye out then

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
:rolleyes: i fish chesil all the time and have never heard of this "ghost" that you speak of, oh well i'd better keep and eye out then

V

·
0 Posts
are you sure it was'nt my wife you saw,it's no joke,she scare's the living s**t outta me!

i wonder if derek acorah is an angler? :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Viper,

Legend has it that there are ghosts on the Chesil beach. Many anglers fishing there overnight have had some experience of them.

I am sure that some of our members will be able to tell you a bit more than I can.

I camp at Burton Bradstock quite a lot and the locals there have told me that the ghosts of those fishermen who have been drowned on the beach come back to haunt the beach.

I am sure that some one will explain a little more.

Cheers

Drew
It is all there for you to see.

Regards

drew

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is all there for you to see.

Regards

drew
last time i fished there i saw a ghost and thought it was my wife,she promised she would come fishing with me this year,and thought she had died and made my wish come true,never bothered ringing home,thought if she was really dead someone would ring me and carried on fishing,did really spook me though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I fish chesil a lot and I still have trouble from the ghosts. I always take copius amounts of malt wiskey and old rosie cider to keep out the chills that these poor unfortunate earthbound spirits instill. When I have been taking the chill remedies to the necessary prescribed amounts I often see things that are`nt otherwise there. Sometimes I have had conversations with them and I still manage to remember that you have far more to fear from the living than the dead.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi,

The thread might be three years old but the legend of the "Chesil Ghosts" will go on for ever.

I first heard of them when I first fished the beach over 30 years ago, I had the living daylight scared out of me one night when I was alone and I heard footsteps treading the beach along side of me and there was no one there. I can assure you that I filled my pants. There was someone there but invisible, he spoke with me for quite a while before disappearing into nowhere.

Regards

Drew

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I think almost everybody who's solo-fished Chesil on a night has heard the 'footsteps' :) I've heard them a few times but haven't associated them with ghosts up until now; I've always classed them as a natural phenomenon. When I'm solo fishing at night I'm usually in a world of my own, concentrating on the tip lights and my own thoughts. Anybody or anything that want's to keep me company is welcome so long as they don't disturb the fish :D

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
Everytime I fished chesil at night I've been too busy unhooking dogfish to hear any ghosts....!! Re: Footsteps. Got to be someone walking half a mile along the beach and the sound carrying. With all that shingle and steep backgrounds, you will surely get all sorts of acoustic effects.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts