World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a pair/set of chest waders, neoprene or alternate. Does anyone have any recommedations. I have a short inside leg, 29.5 ins, I'm not sure if this makes a difference.

Fred

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Neoprene are more expensive, but much more comfortable & much warmer than rubber, you can get a variety of soles, studded (good for river wading) cleated for general purpose, felt for wading on slippery stones. I got mine from Snowbee they aint cheap thats for sure, you might find some cheaper on e-bay, good hunting!
blueskip

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Blueskip, I hadn't realised they come with different soles. I will be using them for beach spinning and estuary, so I think the general purpose might be best but I will have a good look first . If they are expensive, it would be silly to rush and get the wrong ones.

Fred

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check out the Ron Thompson or Leeda waders. Best to try them on, but if you're buying mail order, you normally go one size up from your normal shoe size.

I have a pair of Leeda neoprene chest waders and they are great. 40 quid from Victoria Pier Angling in Colwyn Bay (Just happened to be there one weekend for a bit of fishing!)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Fred,

You have the same problem as me, your backside is too near the ground 29.5" leg.

Have you ever tried buying a Flotation suit? I've been trying for ages to get one with short legs.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Drew

Same problem as salopettes. Perhaps one of the manufacturers of waders might offer the same service as Titan. I might ring round and give it a whirl, but I will try some standard legged ones in a dealers first just to see how they come out.

I think the answer to the floatation suite is to take the Titan route and wear a preserver.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Fred

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drew,

Just had a moment of inspiration. In my mispent youth, I used to ski (badly) and I also crewed on racing yachts, only local stuff. I've just had a hunt through my old gear and there are several bits, all with short legs, that I can use until I can get the right sized gear. It is interesting that whilst skiers and yachtees with short legs are well catered for, us fishermen with short legs are not. Surely this is against the European Human Rights legislation.

I'm thinking of starting a campaign, "Justice for Short Legged Fishermen". What do you think.

Fred

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Fred,

As mentioned previously I have written to all the manufacturers, to no avail. A complete waste of time and money.

The only easy thing about it is that you only have to change the address on the heading, the computer does the rest.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
464 Posts
Neoprene's are great in the winter but you sweat like hell in them during the summer, take a look at the Ocean range with the studded sole i think i paid about £80 for them but they are good quaility and a bit cooler in the summer.

·
Registered
438 Posts
fred i have a pair of neoprenes from daiwa but i did not like them they cling to you so i have gone back to pair i had from lidli on monday i am on the portley side i find i have more room in them they are made of a rubber i am 6 ft with short legs

·
Registered
244 Posts
Being somewhat of an unusual shape myself i find i can't get clothes off the shelf so to speak,so you can imagine the problems i've encountered trying to get floatation suits etc to fit me (I live in the land of the xxxxxl).
But all is not lost, i came across a site where you can get waders of all descriptions made to measure.
http://www.fishingwaders.co.uk/index.htm
Hope this link works

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Denzle

I've had a quick look at the site and I think it might solve the problem. Thanks for your help

Fred

·
Registered
67 Posts
Me too,too close to the ground,

I got a pair of neopreen waist waders off ebay,and for the price that i got them.i dont care if they are a touch baggy.thats the last thing i will be thinking off in the middle of winter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts