World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather permitting, I am hoping to take the boat out of Chichester (Launch Itchenor) tomorrow. Although I know the harour ok, I dont know the area outside for fishing wery well. The boat is only small (14ft 40hp) so I try to limit my range in all but the best conditions to about 2 - 3 miles from shore. Are there any reasonable fishing areas within that distance of the harbour and whats about at the moment. Would be greatfull if someone could pm me some info, it might save me from having to follow other small boats.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Mike did you mean Friday 23rd. Also what navigation equipment do you have . and what time do you intend to launch . I am going from Itchenor in the morning,

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike did you mean Friday 23rd. Also what navigation equipment do you have . and what time do you intend to launch . I am going from Itchenor in the morning,
Hi. Yes, I did mean 23rd (been off work for a couple of weeks and lost track). Navigation wise, I only have a hand held gps, but usually find this sufficient for by needs. Also have a fish finder, vhf etc.

Would hope to launch at about 9.00 to 9.30 which might be a bit late really, but can't face getting up to early.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Mike cant find my old Lat and Long numbers at the moment ,as I use a chart plotter now. If I locate them I will forward them to you. If you dont want to go too far ,as you leave the harbour pass the targets on your left and slightly out to sea and you will come across some pot markers , just on the outside of these the depth should fall off a bit and the sounder should show some rough ground,we were put on this ground by a local commecial fisherman and had a good mixed bag ,Bream, dogs , smooth hound .and thornback to 10lb.Should be some makeral too. Other than that if you look out to sea and east of a line to the Nab Tower you will probably see some charter boats ,that will be Bullocks Patch , about 3 1/2 miles out from the entrance , Bream and good chance of a mixed bag. Sorry I cant be more specific .As I say if I can , or rather when I find the book with the numbers I will PM you. If you are any where near Pagham I can show you on the Chart. Regards Pinchers,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts