World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Im planning on fishing chichester harbour this sunday from a small dinghy. Any tips on what set up to use? I have a fly rod and thinking about that but probably just a small spinning and boat rod, im after bass. what bait lure would anyone recomend? should i anchor up and cast out or trawl? I fancy trying live sand eels as bait, anyone know where i can get them from in that area? probably launching from hayling island somewhere. I have a selection of lures and plugs would they be best? im fairly in experienced when it comes to this so any help or advice would be much appreciated!

cheers in advance!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey guys,
Im planning on fishing chichester harbour this sunday from a small dinghy. Any tips on what set up to use? I have a fly rod and thinking about that but probably just a small spinning and boat rod, im after bass. what bait lure would anyone recomend? should i anchor up and cast out or trawl? I fancy trying live sand eels as bait, anyone know where i can get them from in that area? probably launching from hayling island somewhere. I have a selection of lures and plugs would they be best? im fairly in experienced when it comes to this so any help or advice would be much appreciated!

cheers in advance!
Fishing for Bass is banned within Chichester Harbour throughout the summer, as is using sand eel as bait.

Best check the Chichester Harbour website for the dates.

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
It will be windy! Best stay inside the harbour and fish for mackeral or flatties. There were plenty of small bass off both Chichster and Langstone harbour entrances today, good sport on light spinning tackle. Just follow the seabirds.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
thanks for all your advise, can you recommend somewhere along the south coast that is good for bass? - and from a dinghy - so sheltered waters only.
Most sheltered harbours and estauries along the south coast are designated bass nurseries. However if you pick your day the water along Southsea seafront is sheltered, also the East Winner Bank by Langstone Harbour entrance where you can pick up bass. Be careful of the tide run and check out the area at low tide so you know where obstructions are. The only problem is floating weed which can be a pain at times. If you can beach launch or don't mind a journey, try The Hounds in Bracklesham Bay on a calm day. You may stll be able to get a tractor launch at East Wittering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts